Acer swift touchpad too sensitive......

ian_b63
ian_b63 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi, does anybody know how to reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad. Even on the windows 10 lowest sensitivity setting it will still select things you don't mean to. I am not a real computer buff so easy English answers please or you will lose me haha.

Cheers,

Ian.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    Hi,
    Have you tried reducing the cursor speed as well? You could also try disabling Pinch to zoom further down in the page  as well.

• ian_b63
    ian_b63 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, yeah I have tried all that s on offer on that setting page to try and reduce it as much as possible but it still selects things just when i roll the curser over them. I have to navigate some pages to avoid selectable things. Even rolling the curser over the likes of a youtube video will cause it to pause/unpause etc. It's not un-workable but it  is a pain.

Ian.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,102 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your laptop, in the meantime try reinstalling the Precision touchpad driver, go to Device manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices, right click HID compliant mouse and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • voxdicentis
    voxdicentis Member Posts: 3 New User
    On my Acer Aspire with Windows 10 I went to settings, devices, selected touch pad, and scrolled down to reset touchpad.  Still a bit on the sensitive side, but not as bad as it was. Hope this helps.