Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Keyboard backlight not working

dstekerdsteker Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

After updating the BIOS to version 1.15 on NITRO AN515-51 laptop, keyboard backlight when using the battery is not working.
By default, it should turn on when you press a key and turn off after ~30 seconds.

Best Answer

• dstekerdsteker Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Accepted Answer
    After the BIOS update at 1.19 the problem disappeared. The keyboard without charging turns off after ~30 seconds.

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 953ACE Pioneer
    Hi, You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off. While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• dstekerdsteker Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

When the power adapter is not plugged in, the keyboard backlight is off, but it turns on when the key is pressed and disappears after ~30 seconds. So it was on previous versions of the BIOS

Tinkerer

Accepted Answer
    After the BIOS update at 1.19 the problem disappeared. The keyboard without charging turns off after ~30 seconds.
  • KridderKridder Posts: 1Member New User
    edited October 2018
    I just purchased a new Acer A515-51G-503E and was told it has Keyboard back light. There is no icon on the "F9" key and I can find no way of turning it on. This may have been posted on the wrong thread.

Tinkerer

Kridder said:
    I just purchased a new Acer A515-51G-503E and was told it has Keyboard back light. There is no icon on the "F9" key and I can find no way of turning it on. This may have been posted on the wrong thread.
    Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51, not Acer Aspire A515-51G-503E

Tinkerer

After updating the BIOS on 1.20 the problem appeared again 
  • epic00epic00 Posts: 1Member New User
    my laptop ACER aspire V Nitro keyboard backlit is not working. im not sure whether it is software problem or hardware problem. ive tried to hit FN + F9 but nothinh happen. help me pls

• KiraizumaKiraizuma Posts: 3Member New User
    Fixed. Even with the latest BIOS (1.26) the keyboard doesn't turn off after 30 seconds. How I managed to fix this? Easy. Turn off your PC. Turn it back on, and hold the F2 key to acces the BIOS. Once in the BIOS, look for somthing like Keyboard light timeout (I don't remember the exact name) and disable it. Restart, and you're good to go. While using battery, acts exactly like before (In 30 secs turns off to save battery) and plugged in, it NEVER turns off.
  • alyciakeatingalyciakeating Posts: 2Member New User
    This did not work.  I turned off the computer, turned it on and changed the backlight in BIOS.  It worked while I was in BIOS but stopped working again when the machine booted up.
  • andylbandylb Posts: 1,012Member Valued Contributor
    This did not work.  I turned off the computer, turned it on and changed the backlight in BIOS.  It worked while I was in BIOS but stopped working again when the machine booted up.

Please start a new Topic for your issue. Thankyou

Please click "YES" to "Did this answer the question" if my answer helped solve your problem. 

Thank you and have a blessed day  B)