Helios 300 Predator shut down Suddenly and won't turn on (G3 571 77QK)

Options
Filthy_autobot
Filthy_autobot Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Tried battery reset. Checked power chord. Still not working. The charge indicator led on laptop doesn't work. I press power button nothing happens. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Did you try plugging AC adapter in another plug point? If you are within the warranty period, send it to Acer Service centre, if you are out of warranty take it to a local repair shop and get it checked.
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    AC adapter is fine. Checked it. it's a new laptop. is it a battery failure? What is the probability of a motherboard failure? 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    It's difficult to tell until a technician have a look at it, it could be a faulty battery or a motherboard failure, if it's a new laptop, you could return and get a replacement from the retailer if possible, if not get it fixed by the Acer Support centre in your country under warranty.
  • AdityaSingh46
    AdityaSingh46 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm also facing the same issue... Any solution please!
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Motherboard problem I think. There is no one can help you for this issue. Contact Acer support.
  • Fireplug
    Fireplug Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Happened to me as well today on Acer Triton 500.  Had to hold down the power button for a long time to finally reset it and after a couple tries it finally booted back up and seems OK.  The event log shows a hardware error LiveKernelEvent 141 which seems to be related to the Nvidia driver, which updated itself today.  Will do more testing to try to pin down.
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, my laptop started working 10 days after it stopped. I thought i got screwed because I had to send it back to USA from India. I tried resetting the battery a lot of times, that didn't work. But i guess the battery drained eventually and 10 days later when i pressed the power button it turned on and said low battery. It's been a year and this is being typed on the same laptop. Didn't face the problem again and clueless as to what happened.
  • Filthy_autobot

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm also facing the same issue... Any solution please!
    Mine started working 10 days later. I hope it is the same for you. It is possible that there's a static electricity build up. That might be the reason for my laptop shutting down

• DaleK
    DaleK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Old post I know but same happened to my laptop last night. About 6 months old. Sounded like a static shock or pop and then suddenly off. The power supply produces the correct voltage but nothing else is working.

Will maybe try holding the power button for an extended period of time but to me, this sounds like a motherboard issue. I am still under warranty so I won't touch it but from my experience, when this happens - it is a serious issue. For example, if it was RAM, Graphics, Battery.etc. The laptop would do something, beep or flash or switch on and immediately off. I hope this gets fixed and never happens again.