My Iconia Tab 8 w1-810 keeps "hibernating" every time I power on?

HanzoTheZoroark
HanzoTheZoroark Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 15 in 2018 Archives
My Iconia tab 8 model w1-810 keeps on "Hibernating" every time I attempt to power it on. During the time it takes to "Hibernate", I cannot turn the tablet off.
Is there any solution to the problem that doesn't involve hard resetting the tablet.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    HanzoTheZoroark

You have two options for trying to resolve this issue:
    Disabling Fast Startup is the fast and easy way to stop your PC from rebooting into its previous state.

>>If you don’t mind waiting a little longer for your system to boot up into Windows you can simply disable Fast Startup.
    Press the Windows+S key combination to open a Search box.
    Search for the word power. Select Power Options from the list of search results.
    Click the Choose what the power buttons do link over in the left-hand column.
    Click the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    Uncheck the box beside Turn on fast startup.
    Click Save changes.
    That’s all there is to disabling Fast Startup. From now on your system should shut down completely when you tell it to and it shouldn’t restore your computer to its previous state the next time you start it up.

>>If you prefer to leave Fast Startup enabled you can try refreshing your PC’s Windows installation. Be sure to back up your hard drive first just to be safe, then follow the steps below:
    Click Start. Click the Settings icon (it looks like a “gear” or “cog”).
    Click Update & security. Click Recovery.
    Click the Get Started button under the “Reset this PC” option.
    Select Keep my files. (This will overwrite your Windows system files with fresh copies without erasing your user-created files). Follow the prompts on the screens that follow.
    That’s all there is to resetting your computer’s Windows installation. Your startup issue should (hopefully) be resolved now.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    It's possible that the battery levels for a forced hibernate are set too high, either by corrupted settings or just a mistake. Try booting in Safe Mode to see if that will allow you to set it back down to 5% or 7% or something. It's also possible the battery really is that low, in which case charge it fully and try again. If it won't charge you could be looking at a bad power adapter or a bad battery.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    If it will Safe Boot then just turn hibernation off. This will also disable Fast Startup. Open a DOS box as admin and enter powercfg.exe /hibernate off