What should i upgrade my BIOS to?

Options
ryanb11
ryanb11 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi there i was wondering what should i update my BIOS to on my predator laptop. and i keep seeing that people say that i need to update the bios and stuff but i dont want to hurt the laptop or download something wrong.
its model is NH.Q28AA.001
i bought it off of amazon on here 
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Predator-i7-7700HQ-1060-6GB-G3-571-77QK/dp/B06Y4GZS9C/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1524071229&sr=1-3&keywords=acer+predator+helios+300    as well i was wondering if there was something else i need to update like its performance or something. im a noob at drivers/BIOS so if anyone could help that would be nice, thanks.
if i need to add anything else to my post then go ahead and say in the comments.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    If you don't have any problems with your laptop, you don't need to update BIOS IMHO but if Acer support centre or a technician suggested a BIOS update to rectify a particular problem then you can update the BIOS, in some cases newer BIOS have fared worse than the older BIOS, so you have to consider an update with caution as it's different from Driver updates, could you please post the current version of your BIOS.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,133 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    If you don't have any problems with your laptop, you don't need to update BIOS IMHO but if Acer support centre or a technician suggested a BIOS update to rectify a particular problem then you can update the BIOS, in some cases newer BIOS have fared worse than the older BIOS, so you have to consider an update with caution as it's different from Driver updates, could you please post the current version of your BIOS.