Options
2»

Answers

• EagarNZA
    EagarNZA Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Irissu said:
    JackE said:
    @meshswapnil  Have you tried the ALT+F10 cold-boot ACER factory-reset yet to see if the problem temporarily resolves? An errant Win10update could be causing the issue so make sure your system protection is turned on so update restore points are created. Jack E/NJ
    Ahh bro believe me I've tried everything form 2 times factory-reset/to updating drivers from acer/realtek and even unofficial drivers , the only solution for me is to restart the laptop , also acer gave the AN515-52/53 users a bios update saying (1. Fine tune audio performance) , I just hope they are listening to the users , it's really annoying to restart if you've some work going on . I'm on the latest windows update 1803 build . 
    meshswapnil 
    I have found a temporary solution where you don't have to reset the computer. Press right click on the icon of the speakers, and then go to "spatial sound"> ​​and activate or deactivate "windows sonic for headphones" (I don't know if the names are like that in English, I leave an image for you to see what I'm talking about). With this, the distortion disappears without having to restart. I'm not going to reformat or do anything either, I think we've done enough and nothing fixes the problem, let's hope Acer can fix it.

you have to switch between that two options

I've had the same problem with my audio on the Nitro 5 and this workaround works perfectly. Hope this helps Acer resolve this issue.
  • yvetteching3110969
    yvetteching3110969 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i do also have the exact same problem with my new Acer Nitro 5, my speakers are cracking randomly. I sent my laptop to the technical service. After a month, they sent me back the laptop and didn't solve the problem.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    yvetteching3110969    Right click on speaker icon in bottom tray. Click troubleshooting. Click 'open enhancements' box. First try to disable all sound effects to see if that makes a difference. If none, then click on the advanced tab and set to 16bit CD quality. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TROMBLER
    TROMBLER Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I see this problem on my Aspire V15 Nitro (Aspire VN7-592G). It has no solution, I tried everything. Acer WTF?
  • JackE
    Options
    TROMBLER>>>I see this problem on my Aspire V15 Nitro (Aspire VN7-592G).>>>

Please describe which earlier post in this thread best describes your problem. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TROMBLER
    TROMBLER Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    TROMBLER>>>I see this problem on my Aspire V15 Nitro (Aspire VN7-592G).>>>

Please describe which earlier post in this thread best describes your problem. Jack E/NJ
    I hear a crash when playing sounds. Archive with a sound file in the attachment. Earlier, I wrote in support - Reference Number
    181012-002242. But it did not help - I received only standard replies.
  • JackE
    Options
    TROMBLER If it hasn 't always done this, I'd probably try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset to rule in or rule out a hardware issue. If it fixes the issue, then make sure Control Panel system protection is enabled so whatever Win10update is causing it will create an automatic restore point.  Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ

• NorthernLight
    NorthernLight Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I had a sound issue with my Nitro 5 and it started doing it when I download a new game called IMVU. I thought the problem was in game but I realized that it was the Nitro 5 that had the problem. One of my friends guided me to change the Hz ( http://prntscr.com/n2wxo3 ) and it is fixed.

Now I have another issue with my brand new Acer Nitro 5. The issue is the screen making noises when closing and also lets not forget the green,red,blue glitches that appear when you move the laptop. Oh also there is a problem when you go 10 seconds forward on a video on Youtube it sometimes just gets stuck. Fan is trying to cool it yes but, I feel like its a fire dragon, all I open is google and Cs6 together, I mean why does it get so hot for these ?

Other than that I have not seen any other issue on this laptop, I played some cool games and they worked pretty good. I once got frozen when I open (1 game, Cs6, adobe premiere and google at the same time) and I had to restart. That happened only once and I think if those issues above was not happening to my Acer nitro 5, I would rate this pc 9/10.
  • JMBGAMING_TV
    JMBGAMING_TV Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Me too! I immediately restart my laptop acer nitro 5 an515-51. and then boom! Fix problem haha. I thinks it's just because it's a cheap gaming laptop. or maybe generic components indicated inside of it
  • PhoenixR
    PhoenixR Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey guys,

I had the same problem and I fixed it by deactivating the sound effects in the enhancements tab and also for some reason I had 2 drivers installed in the sound category - Realtek High Definition Audio one and another one (I can't remember the name but definitely not the microphone one, the mic works). I uninstalled both, restarted the laptop, and it was fixed. The Realtek High Definition Audio one is still there, troubleshooter still says generic driver might be causing the issue, but the distortion isn't there anymore.

Try installing the drivers from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support 

I hope this helps.
    Cheers
  • RajChaudhari
    RajChaudhari Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hi Irissu, I am also suffering from this issue. And I had fixed it.

You need to do is just install the Realtek Audio driver which I am giving link below. Just download it and get rid of the sound problem.

For 32 bit(Windows): https://www.realtek.com/en/agree-to-download?downloadid=45441b4e48885de8cd8256ae746d19a6

For 64 bit(Windows): https://www.realtek.com/en/agree-to-download?downloadid=134b41f4161415fa8d198666ac416c17
  • oatmealguy
    oatmealguy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi Iris, I had this issue on a new Acer NItro 5 ans -515-42 but mine was an intermittent grinding noise when playing audio files. I uninstalled realtek audio drivers and restarted to the generic hd audio device. This seemed to work for a while, but I noticed the noise again a few moments ago. Thankfully, it happens fewer times now. I hope it's solved quickly.
  • Weirdclown
    Weirdclown Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have new ACER NITRO 5 an517-52 laptop. Suddenly after a 5 days there is no sound. Windows says "device is working properly" blahblahblah but its not. Read everything possible,did everything possible and no help - even official drivers from acer website cant be installed - still red cross on audio icon in tray after installation. Suddenly i found that if i disable "Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED the sound returns even if official driver is not installed! Device manager shows two devices in this case, they are both called "high definition audio device". Then i found this:

So there is obviously a conflict between Intel and Realtek drivers in this laptop. Thank you Acer. Two hours of my life are lost forever because your QA sucks.

• Weirdclown
    Weirdclown Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Also, do not forget to delete everything realtek in device manager - there will be realtek drivers and realtek audio console, disable Intel Smart Sound Technology, and do not use official Realtek driver from Acer website - during its installation Intel Smart Sound Technology will become active again and problem will remain. After Intel Smart Sound Technology is disabled and all Realtek software is deleted, go to device manager, click on High Definition Audio - Update Driver - And download one from Windows Update. Only this solution worked for me, hope it helps. Cheers
  • Dathvader7891
    Dathvader7891 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Irissu said:
    Hi there to everybody again! I didn't reply before because finally I sent my laptop to the technical service. After a week, the sent me back the laptop exactly with the same problem, they didn't fix it. I tried to reinstall the OS deleting everything as they suggested me (a clean installartion) and the problem was still there. Finally I talked with the shop where I bought the laptop and they offered me a new one. Here comes the funny thing: Today is the first day I'm using the NEW laptop and I already had the distorsion problem twice. How can it be possible?... I'm very confussed. I have windows form the official website of microsoft, and I don't have too many programs installed (I didn't have time to install many). Just a few. Now I really don't know what is the problem, I was sure it was something wrong with the hardware, but it's almost impossible I have 2 laptops with the same hardware problem. I leave here a video where you can hear the distorted audio. I can't believe no one else has the same problem.

Umm sorry i can't hear the video on my Acer Nitro AN15-55 so this is 3 years after your problem but I have the same problem nothing can fix is as I have tried
  • JackE
    Options
    Right click speaker icon in try. Click settings. Click advanced Control Panel audio settings in right pane. Click playback device. Click properties. Click advanced tab. Try setting to CD quality frequency response.

Jack E/NJ