G3-571, GTX 1060 Error 43

headgearhair
headgearhair Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
As stated in the title, my GTX 1060 is showing code 43 in the Device Manager. This happened after a BSoD detailing a nvlddmkm.sys error, allegedly relating to Intel Graphics. My theory, as it is now, is the GPU crashed and Windows disabled it, switching to Intel's graphics, but since I was playing Black Ops III at the time, wasn't able to handle it and caused the timeout, or it simply is some kind of driver issue. This is upsetting because I have a pseudo-faulty M key that works half the time, now this issue is causing me grief, and I bought this laptop less than 2 months ago. You'd think for putting in so much money it'd be of higher quality. Que sera sera.

Now, I've tried disabling the device and discharging it per suggestions from the Internet [1] [2] [3], however these attempts were fruitless and gave no result. Another suggestion was to use DDU (in Safe Mode) to uninstall the drivers, and then reinstall. After trying this 3 times with no avail, I stopped trying that. 

It was recommended I update my BIOS, however I (believe I) am on the latest version, 1.13, and disabling any kind of optimization methods in my BIOS (there were none). I have reinstalled windows, resetting my PC, and none of this has worked.

I have BIOS version 1.13, Windows version 1709, nVidia drivers version 391.35 (Without GeForce Experience). I really would like to avoid having to return this unit since it is my gaming AND work unit so I'd like to avoid the downtime if possible, which is why I've been hesitant to request Acer's assistance. Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Have you tried simply uninstalling the 1060 driver from Device Mgr, exit, and do a cold boot to let Win10 automatically re-detect and re-install the driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• headgearhair
    JackE said:
    Have you tried simply uninstalling the 1060 driver from Device Mgr, exit, and do a cold boot to let Win10 automatically re-detect and re-install the driver? Jack E/NJ
    Yes, I have tried this already.
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    bro try a complete reset....do this and let me know
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    >>>I bought this laptop less than 2 months ago.>>>

OK. If system protection was enabled, you could rule in or rule out a hardware failure by looking for an automatic update restore point just before this happened. If not, the only way to rule in/rule out a hardware failure is a factory re-set outside Windows. If neither work, then you seem to have no choice but to seek ACER's assistance under warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• headgearhair
    asad814 said:
    bro try a complete reset....do this and let me know
    "Bro", I've already tried this, if you even read my post.
    JackE said:
    >>>I bought this laptop less than 2 months ago.>>>

OK. If system protection was enabled, you could rule in or rule out a hardware failure by looking for an automatic update restore point just before this happened. If not, the only way to rule in/rule out a hardware failure is a factory re-set outside Windows. If neither work, then you seem to have no choice but to seek ACER's assistance under warranty. Jack E/NJ
    Thank you, Jack, I have sent back my unit for repair.
  • Mart1s
    Mart1s Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

guys i have same problem 43error on nvidia and he dont work how you fix this i try unistal all nvidia instal new reset windows many time and instal new windows still same shiiid
  • Mart1s said:
    guys i have same problem 43error on nvidia and he dont work how you fix this i try unistal all nvidia instal new reset windows many time and instal new windows still same shiiid

If you read the post above the fix was sending it in for repair.

Unfortunately error 43 came from a batch of faulty released Nvidia chips a year or two ago... sometimes a power reset fixes and other times the mother board has to be replaced.

Check the previous posts and attempt the battery reset as stated. If that doesn't work then send it in for Acer to repair.
    - Hotel Hero
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045