touch pad isnt still responding

Options
paulpep
paulpep Member Posts: 9 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
i installed windows 10 64 bit to my e5-411 and downloaded the latest  driver but its still not workinbcan tr 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi, 

If the touchpad is not responding it probably might have been disabled. You can enable it with combination of Fn+F7. 

If it's still not responding please uninstall the touchpad drivers from device manager and restart your computer. ( Please don't check the box to delete the driver software )
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Bumble_Bee
    Bumble_Bee Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi,

• You can try to enable the touchpad using Fn+F7. That is the hot key to toggle touchpad. 
    • If still it doesnt work, try to open BIOS using F2 during startup, under BIOS you will find an option to change touchpad settings.
    • Hence try to check if the touchpad settings is set to Advanced.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• paulpep
    Options
    Hi,

• You can try to enable the touchpad using Fn+F7. That is the hot key to toggle touchpad. 
    • If still it doesnt work, try to open BIOS using F2 during startup, under BIOS you will find an option to change touchpad settings.
    • Hence try to check if the touchpad settings is set to Advanced.

Please post back and let me know if you need more help.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

hi thanks for the response, i tried the function key + f7 but didnt work, same goes to the bios setup, it seems like the touchpad isnt detected, please see picture below

• paulpep
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi, 

If the touchpad is not responding it probably might have been disabled. You can enable it with combination of Fn+F7. 

If it's still not responding please uninstall the touchpad drivers from device manager and restart your computer. ( Please don't check the box to delete the driver software )
    thanks for the response sir, tried function key + f7 but didnt work, also, where exactly could i find the touchpad driver on my device manager, its not present with the mouse driver