how come it is nearly impossible to get information on where to send product for repairs

kinuse009
kinuse009 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an acer for the past few years and had no sound, so i contact support from your site and get conned out of signing up for support. in which they get me to sign up and tell me the exact same things I already knew because i went through it before with on of your techs before. Thought i would try again and they have still no solutions but for me to go and purchase a usb sound device. Wow what a great service. pay over $150 for support and thats what you get

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    If your product is Out of Warranty and if you are ready to pay for getting it repaired, you can contact Acer Technical Support and ask that you need to send the unit for chargeable repair. You will be for sure connected to people, who can provide all details about sending the unit to repair center. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• kinuse009
    I have been trying to get a hold of the technical support and get nowhere, i know it is out of warranty and will have to pay a fee for the repair, which is no problem. i just seem to be getting a runaround trying to find out any info from acer.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    @kinuse009 What is your ACER model and number/ Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    kinuse009 If you are in United States, you can reach Acer technical Support by dialing 1866-695-2237. As far my experience, the call will be routed to OOW department as product warranty expired. You need to request for getting the unit repaired by Acer by paying the repair charge. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• kinuse009
    edited April 2018
    acer model 

SERIAL NUMBER    *****************

ACER ASPIRE R3-431T

• JackE
    @kinuse009>>>no sound>>>

Open Device Mgr. Do you see any red or yellow warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kinuse009
    all drivers are good in device manager. this happen after refreshing the pc. i have had techs go through to no avail.
  • JackE
    OK. If you haven't done so already, try to re-set the machine to a factory fresh state outside Windows. Shut the machine completely off. The turn it on again and *immediately* press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear with different reset options as shown in the video below. If still no joy, use this link to schedule a repair . Jack E/NJ

http://customercare.acer.com/customercare/Default.aspx#_ga=2.239670091.99300362.1524657107-1860599616.1518455025

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ