Acer Predator Helios 300 overheating

Options
Georgiev
Georgiev Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,
I bought Acer Predator Helios 300 last week. Sadly, when playing Overwatch (it does not have huge requirements) or any other games, the CPU temp goes up to 100C, and I am getting FPS drops often.
I went for repair and they told me that the temperature is fine up to 102C.
It's ridiculous that I have older Dell laptop, which manages to keep lower temperature and no frame drops.
Anyone else having problem with high temperature and how you fixed it guys?

Best Answers

• AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes it could be a hardware problem, You have to send the unit in.
  • Georgiev
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just got it back from their support and they told me that there was a problem, but everything is fixed now. Sadly when i am playing Overwatch (at High graphics), the temperature reaches up to 100C and i am getting Frames drop every 3 or 4 minutes.
    This is insane for me, having a "Gaming" laptop, which drops frames in a shooter game...
    Even when the game is minimazed (at log in screen, or even any other game), the temperature reaches 90C, and the usage of the CPU is 20%.
    What should i do guys? Bought the laptop last week..

Answers

• Strong
    Strong Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I got the same problem. When I charge my laptop and play games like PUBG and fortnite, it runs at about 110 fps. But when I am not charging it, the frames drop and the performance is all choppy. I'm still waiting for a response to see if I should send it in, or just fix it manually.
  • asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    hello you can undervolt your cpu by using throttlestop or you can buy a laptop cooling pad or send it to acer for changing stock thermal paste if it is in warranty...here is a link for your reference:
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/535036/faq-cpu-gpu-temps-fps-settings-other-info#latest
  • AntoJoseph
    AntoJoseph Member Posts: 83 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes it could be a hardware problem, You have to send the unit in.
  • Georgiev
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just got it back from their support and they told me that there was a problem, but everything is fixed now. Sadly when i am playing Overwatch (at High graphics), the temperature reaches up to 100C and i am getting Frames drop every 3 or 4 minutes.
    This is insane for me, having a "Gaming" laptop, which drops frames in a shooter game...
    Even when the game is minimazed (at log in screen, or even any other game), the temperature reaches 90C, and the usage of the CPU is 20%.
    What should i do guys? Bought the laptop last week..