g9 793 plugged in discharging???????

Options
asad814
asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hello guys , i have a question that if i do heavy tasking in my laptop it shows that the battery is not charging and when i unplug and again plug the charger it shows charging but again when i play some heavy games i shows discharging....i have done everything like battery reset, uninstall battery drivers etc but nothing helped me. Does this happen bcz i installed latest nvidia drivers???or i have 180W charger????(i have ordered 230W charger btw) or something else??? please respond me ASAP!!! thanks

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    This happens because the laptop draws power from the battery and charger altogether and when the power consuption is high the charger can't keep up or the amount of current that is allowed to charge the battery is limited on purpose. I am not sure if replacing the charger with a 230w one will fix this.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi,

Please try BIOS defaults and test if the issue persist.

While powering on the device keep pressing F2 to launch BIOS. now press F9 to set the BIOS default and click on OK. then press F10 and save the settings. the device will restart and boot into windows. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • asad814
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ven98 so whats the fix????
  • asad814
    Options
    Rudy21 said:
    Hi,

Please try BIOS defaults and test if the issue persist.

While powering on the device keep pressing F2 to launch BIOS. now press F9 to set the BIOS default and click on OK. then press F10 and save the settings. the device will restart and boot into windows. 
    i dont think its the bios problem..how it can be????
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    It isn't a BIOS problem.

I don't think there is a solution for this(used to happen on my previous predator and happens on my current predator too ).What I know is that the battery will discharge until it reaches 30% and then it will stop discharging any further. Maybe a higher wattage charger will work or maybe not. The other way is to just limit the GPU's power consumption, but that isn't a real solution.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Flame
    Flame Member Posts: 69 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    i have PH317-51 model with and same stuff . i bought it in January and no problems till now. Last week it turned off 3x after i plaid  WoW and i did not understand what is the problem, after reboot my  battery life was 5% something like that... First 2 months  i really used heavy this lap top(like playing rise of tombraider, twiching and playing music on youtube) , now i am just playing a game and this happen plus i need to mention that lap top is on AC all day. If someone found a solution please help.