Aspire V3-571G-73638G1TMaii HDMI port resolution

Penoff
Penoff Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I was thinking of buying external monitor with 2K or 4K resolution, but by accident I found out that some people can't get this resolution on similar laptop models. My laptop has Intel HD 4000 in Core i7-3632QM CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M 4GB. Both of these support 4K resolution. I can't find any information on the HDMI port revision so I can be sure I can buy a new monitor and be able to use its native resolution. According to some service manual I found (for same model but with GT630M graphics card) it is HDMI 1.4 compliant. That means 4K is supported (at 30Hz). However, on another page a maximum HDMI resolution of 1920x1080 was stated, which makes no sense. I can post the serial number and SNID if that would help figure out the actual specification of the HDMI output.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This model has HDMI® port with External resolution / refresh rates up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz with Compliance level HDMI 1.4

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

This model has HDMI® port with External resolution / refresh rates up to 1920 x 1080: 60 Hz with Compliance level HDMI 1.4

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Penoff
    Penoff Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Exactly the information I found and which doesn't make sense. Both graphics processors support 4K, HDMI 1.4 also includes 4K support. It is pity Acer did limit the video output like that. Looks like I won't be looking for a new monitor. Instead I will have think of another laptop and maybe another brand this time.