Helios 300 G3-571 bluetooth does not work

maksay
maksay Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2018 in Predator Laptops
My Helios 300 G3-571 somehow lost its bluetooth drivers. I can't turn on the bluetooth because it says the bluetooth is turned off in windows settings. I checked the device manager. Currently there is no bluetooth device appears in there. However, under universal serial bus controllers there is an unknown usb device. There is an exclamation mark on it, and it says the device identification request is not successful after the device in parenthesis. I have tried uninstalling both intel and atheros drivers and installing them again from the support page and the case is always the same. I have tried right clicking the unknown usb device and deleting it and rebooting my computer. I have also tried right unknown device and click update no applicable update has found for it. I can't just format my computer and I need to use a bluetooth mouse for my work. Thank you or reading until now. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Answers

• asad814
    asad814 Member Posts: 371 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    try installing the drivers from windows update and let me know
  • maksay
    Thank you asad814, Windows update could not find any updates. In addition I have checked windows updates for any update which could cause this. Interestingly it does not have any update which is done on the day the bluetooth is gone.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi,

Have you tried installing Bluetooth drivers from Acer website.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Karthik21
    Karthik21 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    maksay said:
    My Helios 300 G3-571 somehow lost its bluetooth drivers. I can't turn on the bluetooth because it says the bluetooth is turned off in windows settings. I checked the device manager. Currently there is no bluetooth device appears in there. However, under universal serial bus controllers there is an unknown usb device. There is an exclamation mark on it, and it says the device identification request is not successful after the device in parenthesis. I have tried uninstalling both intel and atheros drivers and installing them again from the support page and the case is always the same. I have tried right clicking the unknown usb device and deleting it and rebooting my computer. I have also tried right unknown device and click update no applicable update has found for it. I can't just format my computer and I need to use a bluetooth mouse for my work. Thank you or reading until now. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Hi,
    Use this below link and download the required driver from driver tab.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/7213;-;

This will fix this issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click "accept" if it answers your question 

• maksay
    Thank you all but I have already tried all of the above answers and in addition to those I have tried full system recovery. None has worked.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi Maksay,
    You have tried a factory reset and installed the drivers from the acer site. Its the max troubleshooting step for a software related prob. It looks like hardware issue.contact the Acer for warranty support. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Dariuz
    Dariuz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, did you find a solution? just happened to me yesterday
  • capelin1
    capelin1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I know I might necro-ing this thread but this issue just happened to me and I found a fix. So first you have to go to Run and type in "devmgmt.msc" to get to your device manager page. There you have to click View and then Show Hidden Devices. Then you have to scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the little arrow. Then you see all the devices with errors next to them and delete them. Then you have to restart your computer and you're good! I don't know if this'll work for everybody but it did work for me.
  • Rashid2114
    Rashid2114 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Has anyone found a Solution for this??
    Please help me anyone
  • KurisuSanYT
    KurisuSanYT Member Posts: 2 New User
    go to intel's website and install the bluetooth drivers : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005489/network-and-i-o/wireless.html then restart your pc. it worked for me.
  • eddiespaghetti
    eddiespaghetti Member Posts: 1 New User
    capelin1 said:
    I know I might necro-ing this thread but this issue just happened to me and I found a fix. So first you have to go to Run and type in "devmgmt.msc" to get to your device manager page. There you have to click View and then Show Hidden Devices. Then you have to scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and click the little arrow. Then you see all the devices with errors next to them and delete them. Then you have to restart your computer and you're good! I don't know if this'll work for everybody but it did work for me.
    Thank you so much. i tried all the steps before this but this fixed my problem
  • Anarchist
    Anarchist Member Posts: 1 New User
    capelin1 said:
    Mate i love you so much. It worked for me too, had been trying to find a solution and none were working for me and i was soo disappointed and angry. Thanks a lot.
  • Albynaizer
    Albynaizer Member Posts: 4 New User

G3-571 user here.

I'm just today having the exact same problem as OP. Seems the card might be dead but usually these cards have both BT and Wifi in the same module and my Wifi is working properly.... Another post from a different Helios model mentions that if you run out of software solutions then card replacement might be a good idea. A run down of my issue:

Symptoms:

Went to use my BT headset and it would not pair. Went to "BT and other devices" in Win10 and it say BT is turned off. Went to "Find and fix problems with BT devices", ran the diagnostics, with results reading: "Device does not have bluetooth. Bluetooth is not available on this device. Please try using an external adapter to add Bluetooth capability to this computer."

Tried:

Uninstalling, restart, reinstall each g3-571 BT drivers (Intel and Atheron from the model specific list.

Trying Capelin1 solution above.

Installing the most recent version of the Intel and Atheron driver.

Nothing works and OP description and lack of bluetooth continues.

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2022

@Albynaizer seems your wifi adapter might be faulty on the bluetooth chipset only (it might happen) or just bad connection try to remove it clean the pins in the socket and the pcb (isopropyl alcohol and cotton buds) and put it back in see if it fixes it if not get another even and upgrade to wifi6 if compatible thats up top you good luck

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/