CAN'T RESET MY LAPTOP :(

AtishyaGupta2211
AtishyaGupta2211 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,
I am facing problem when i try to reset my laptop(Predator G3-572). when i press to reset (temporarily/pemanently delete files) it says me to insert a windows USB flash drive or a media drive to reset the PC. I did about 4-5 times resetting pc but have never faced such problem in past. Please help.
TIA :)

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi,

this might happen due to operating system failure. In this case if you have created recovery media from your computer. you can make use of it to reset the device. 

if you have not created one then let us know if you are able to login to the unit. If yes then you can create recovery media at no cost. please follow the steps below to create recovery media.

Link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38147

If you have not created one you can contact acer to place an order for one.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • AtishyaGupta2211
    edited April 2018
    yes i am able to login to my pc and also do everything what i want to.  I want to reset my laptop because of viruses and its slow down due to that.

But i saw this video and i donot have acer recovery management in my all apps. Please tell what should i do. I only have acer power button , Quick access and predator sense only
  • AtishyaGupta2211
    I have installed acer care center and got all the apps but the thing is that it ask me to insert a Windows installation or recovery media when i choose Remove everything in my PC after pressing Reset this PC
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    hi,

Like i said the operating system might have been corrupted. Please check if you can create recovery media using acer care center. you need USB drive with minimum of 16Gb free space. Please do not use any external HDD or SD card.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • AtishyaGupta2211
    Hello,
    when i start to create backup files through acer recovery management it says to me  that some required files are missing. What does that mean ;(