Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Predator Sense GPU is idle

EGLIAsEGLIAs Posts: 4Member New User
Hi, I have a problem with the Predator Sense.
When I open the program, the discrete GPU is idle, so I can not see the GPU heat values and what percentage of the GPU is used, how can I fix this?
My predator model is Helios 300 - PH317-51
Thank you ...
Note: I tried to re-install a few times but the problem was not resolved ...

FAQ & Answers

  • RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 597Ally
    edited April 2018
    EGLIAs said:
    Hi, I have a problem with the Predator Sense.
    When I open the program, the discrete GPU is idle, so I can not see the GPU heat values and what percentage of the GPU is used, how can I fix this?
    My predator model is Helios 300 - PH317-51
    Thank you ...
    Note: I tried to re-install a few times but the problem was not resolved ...

    Well, when you are not gaming, you're not using the dedicated Nvidia graphics card making Predator Sense idle. Does this happen when you game as well? If so, perform a full restart and wait for 30 minutes and see if it picks up the temperature readings again.

    If it is idle in Desktop and other places, it is because the onboard graphics card is being used. 

    Edit: Also try to disable Hibernation. I will post the steps below, kindly wait!
    BElieve in YOUrself.
  • EGLIAsEGLIAs Posts: 4Member New User
    edited April 2018
    Thank you for your answer, it does it all the time, so also when I play.
  • RanY2JRanY2J Posts: 597Ally
    EGLIAs said:
    Thank you for your answer, it does it all the time, so also when I play.

    Well, to disable hibernation, do powercfg -h off in the admin command prompt.

    Cmd -> Run as admin -> then type powercfg -h off

    This will probably fix the predator sense issue, however you might have some slow PC issue as disabling Hibernation means that the apps run indefinitely. 

    If you want to enable it back

    Cmd _> Run as admin -> then type powercfg -h on
    BElieve in YOUrself.
  • EGLIAsEGLIAs Posts: 4Member New User
    RanY2J said:
    EGLIAs said:
    Thank you for your answer, it does it all the time, so also when I play.

    Well, to disable hibernation, do powercfg -h off in the admin command prompt.

    Cmd -> Run as admin -> then type powercfg -h off

    This will probably fix the predator sense issue, however you might have some slow PC issue as disabling Hibernation means that the apps run indefinitely. 

    If you want to enable it back

    Cmd _> Run as admin -> then type powercfg -h on
    I just did what you told me, I restart my computer but it did not solve the problem
  • guimadalenoguimadaleno Posts: 3Member New User
    edited August 2018
    Just put your Predator to sleep and wake up again :p 
    It worked for me.
  • ScuderiaScuderia Posts: 1Member New User
    Just put your Predator to sleep and wake up again :p 
    It worked for me.
    It worked :+1: Thanks man, it was easy  ;);)
  • McShibbyMcShibby Posts: 1Member New User
    Just put your Predator to sleep and wake up again :p 
    It worked for me.
    I decided to register just to tell you thanks! This worked for me too. Much easier than a lot of the other suggestions I found  B)
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online313

Amine94cmd
Amine94cmd
basith
basith
batmalin
batmalin
Bistroune
Bistroune
brummyfan2
brummyfan2
Cmelak88
Cmelak88
Dooc
Dooc
egydiocoelho
egydiocoelho
FilipeAfonso
FilipeAfonso
FlowerBoi
FlowerBoi
henryluz
henryluz
iHaveAProblem1234
iHaveAProblem1234
kaflebishal0123
kaflebishal0123
LucasFernandez203
LucasFernandez203
Maatias
Maatias
MaClane
MaClane
MatheusMigliorini
MatheusMigliorini
natzal
natzal
Neylon
Neylon
Not_marco
Not_marco
Rafael1968
Rafael1968
Scotty1971
Scotty1971
Sharanji
Sharanji
thurgood
thurgood
zprzemek378
zprzemek378
+288 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Here?

So, what are the rules of this place? Check out our Acer Community User Agreement. Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Good Design Aware 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.