My new Acer TC-780-EB11 has issues.

Options
Inca
Inca Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 29 in 2018 Archives
Just purchased a new Acer TC 780-EB11 and am experiencing issues.  The login page flashes on-off quickly and constantly. I have to blindly enter my access code whereupon it takes me to the desktop which continues to flash until it decides to stop flashing. It also couldn't download a recent Microsoft update. I bought this computer to replace my older desktop which had Windows 10 installed on it which persistently froze trying to process Microsoft updates. A Microsoft agent got the older computer working again over a 3 day period, but as soon as the next Microsoft update tried to process it froze again. Is the flashing screen on my new Acer computer caused by Microsoft update issues, Acer programming, hardware issues or possibly a combination of things? Any thoughts?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi,

Please let us know the type of cable that you are using to connect this desktop to the monitor.

Also, you may try to reset the monitor to see the differences. if the issue still persist then try power drain on your device.

Please perform power drain by following the below steps.

1.Unplug the AC adapter and other cables connected with your desktop
    2. now press and hold the power button for 30-40 sec ( this would discharge any static energy )
    3. re-connect the cables and power up the unit.

regarding microsoft update freezing issues you may try the below steps.

delete cache from your unit.

1. Press and hold windows + R 
    2. type %temp%
    3. highlight the files and delete all the files ( if you get error that so and so files cannot be deleted then skip them )

Also, try the below steps

1. Press and hold windows + R 
    2. type prefetch
    3. highlight the files and delete all the files

Let us know if the issue still persist
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer