Acer GTX 970 Desktop won't power on

Options
flourpedal
flourpedal Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 15 in 2018 Archives
My Acer GTX 970 desktop will not power on. The red LED backing the power button flashes when power is connected, but nothing happens when the button is pressed. I have already unplugged power and turned off master power switch, held down the power button at the front to reset and let rest for 10 minutes,  but nothing has changed. Please help. 

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The monitor runs fine with another desktop. The computer doesn't make any booting up sounds when the power button is pressed. It's very confusing that this row of LEDs turn on when the power is reconnected. I have never seen them turn on before. I was hoping it might be some sort of indicative hazzard light system (like cars have) to diagnose whats wrong ;)

Hi, 
    Looks like its a hardware issue. you will have to contact the local tech or acer if your unit is under the warranty. looks like the power board has an issue. 

Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi!! You can unplug all cables from desktop and make the unit standalone. Then press & hold the power button of computer for 30 seconds. Then connect the cables and power on the unit. This should do the trick. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• christy1
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    -> if the power is plugged in and you get a light then the adapter is working. press and hold the power button with a long press to turn of the unit. do a battery reset. follow the link below. 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843#_ga=2.47176487.1678112239.1523898662-230521010.1517441246

-> try to turn on the unit and see if the acer logo is displayed. if still no display on the screen,then it means that the backlight is having the issue. Kindly visit the following link for the support : https://store.acer.com/en-us/

Hit Like if its useful. 
  • flourpedal
    Options
    My apologies, I have a correction for this. It's not the LED behind the power light that's flashing, it's a line of LEDs under the power light between the button and the disc drive.

• christy1
    Options
    So there is no lights totally when the charger is connected? if so then the charger is not working. check on it or contact the acer they can send you with the charger or laptop service.
  • flourpedal
    Options
    The line of LEDs under the power button but over the disk drive light up
    You can see for reference in this image. It's is the line of LEDs under the Predator logo. This line of LED's has never lit up before
    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91KW8i-7HOL._SY679_.jpg
  • flourpedal
    Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi,
    -> if the power is plugged in and you get a light then the adapter is working. press and hold the power button with a long press to turn of the unit. do a battery reset. follow the link below. 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843#_ga=2.47176487.1678112239.1523898662-230521010.1517441246

-> try to turn on the unit and see if the acer logo is displayed. if still no display on the screen,then it means that the backlight is having the issue. contact the acer at 1866 695 2237.
    Hit Like if its useful. 
    My computer is a desktop not a laptop. The monitor (display) runs fine with a different desktop plugged in.
  • flourpedal
    Options
    Balatekie said:
    Hi!! You can unplug all cables from desktop and make the unit standalone. Then press & hold the power button of computer for 30 seconds. Then connect the cables and power on the unit. This should do the trick. 

My apologies if my original post was confusing, but I already did this with no change to the system.
  • christy1
    Options
    Hi,
    the unit is getting the power hence its having the light when connected. but it looks like its hard ware issue. is the monitor on? try to check the monitor sockets and cable.  

• flourpedal
    Options
    christy1 said:
    Hi,
    the unit is getting the power hence its having the light when connected. but it looks like its hard ware issue. is the monitor on? try to check the monitor sockets and cable.  

The monitor runs fine with another desktop. The computer doesn't make any booting up sounds when the power button is pressed. It's very confusing that this row of LEDs turn on when the power is reconnected. I have never seen them turn on before. I was hoping it might be some sort of indicative hazzard light system (like cars have) to diagnose whats wrong ;)

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, 
    Looks like its a hardware issue. you will have to contact the local tech or acer if your unit is under the warranty. looks like the power board has an issue. 

• flourpedal
    Options
    Thank you for your time!