Adding an additional M.2 drive to Swift 3 -SF314-52-55HL

Options
dhk
dhk Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Is there an additional slot to add a 2nd M.2 drive in this Swift 3 model?

SF314-52-55HL

If so, where is it located?

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi! The computer comes with 128 GB SSD Module of interface SATA3. Yes. The unit can be added with 2nd M.2 drive. Supported capacities are 256GB or 512GB and it is NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x 4). Havve added image of SSD module, which is available in the unit. 

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi!!

@dhk ....Couldn't find pictures showing the available NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x 4). You can find it, when you open the chasis of unit & it will be just adjacent to the SSD Module. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi! The computer comes with 128 GB SSD Module of interface SATA3. Yes. The unit can be added with 2nd M.2 drive. Supported capacities are 256GB or 512GB and it is NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x 4). Havve added image of SSD module, which is available in the unit. 

• Balatekie
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi!!

@dhk ....Couldn't find pictures showing the available NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen3 x 4). You can find it, when you open the chasis of unit & it will be just adjacent to the SSD Module. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• dhk
    dhk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Balatekie said:

So essentially, installing a PCIe Gen3 x 4 card is the only way of adding additional drives to this model?

Thank you BTW for your throughout answer.  
  • tdg
    tdg Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Is the SF314-52-581R the same, i.e. can take same additional SSD?