Can I add an 8GB memory simm to an Aspire Z1-621G?

Member Posts: 1 New User
Can I add an 8GB memory simm to an Aspire Z1-621G?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,200 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    Hello,
    No because the maximum memory amount is 4GB: Link.
    France
  • JDBlack66
    JDBlack66 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was gifted my Aspire, and most days it does well. The other times, it is a struggle to get it booted, usually after a windows update.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    JDBlack66 said:
    I was gifted my Aspire, and most days it does well. The other times, it is a struggle to get it booted, usually after a windows update.
    The reason why you are having those problems is because, the  Aspire Z1-621G has an OEM 5400 rpm spinner HDD. Put a 2.5" SSD SATA-3 6GB/sec type drive and clone your existing operating system onto the new SSD and all the booting time will be solved and you won't have "struggle to get it booted" as SSD's are way faster than spinner HDD's, simple.
  • Rickythadragon
    Rickythadragon Member Posts: 3 New User

I have heard no its only able to have 4GB RAM which is pretty crappy. However RAM is BIOS related DSDT activated and so therefore if one could find a BIOS to upgrade it where it would receive it and/or flash a modded BIOS {Patched} then perhaps its possible. With that said if it's worth it then all i just mentioned is the route to go. I just do not know if it will pan out.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    That was one of the design issues with the Bay Trail-M chipset, it was designed for the lowest end systems at the time (2013-2014). Memory limits aren't BIOS related at all, they are chipset limited.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.