About the temp. of laptop while gaming

rishabh100
rishabh100 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello ! I have an Acer Nitro AN515-51 . While gaming the temp. of GPU and CPU reaches at above 80 degree celcius and above 70 degree celcius respectively with coolboost enabled . I just wanted to make sure if these temp. are okay while gaming . I have attached a screenshot . 

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    As of now, I don't see any common overheating issues reported for this model. it's quite normal for laptops to heat up, and if have metal finishing you will feel a lot of heat.  If you underclock or undervolt anything as long as the temps don't exceed 90-95C while gaming it should be normal.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• DjSkeejay
    DjSkeejay Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I was wondering the same, she gets pretty hot. How long can you game at these temps without damaging the machine?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    As of now, I don't see any common overheating issues reported for this model. it's quite normal for laptops to heat up, and if have metal finishing you will feel a lot of heat.  If you underclock or undervolt anything as long as the temps don't exceed 90-95C while gaming it should be normal.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  :)
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)