CB5-132T, After putting in USB drive for Chrome OS recovery screen just goes black.

Quace_W
Quace_W Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have followed the steps so far for the recovery of my CB but as soon as I plug in my USB drive the screen goes black and does not verify it so it can not complete the recovery.

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Are you following the instructions below exactly? If yes, try recreating the USB stick - and if you used MS Windows launch Windows with safe mode with networking and try again.

If none of the above work when you get to the "ChromeOS is missing or damaged" screen press the TAB key, take a photo of that screen and post the photo here.

• aloffsite
    aloffsite Member Posts: 1 New User
    My CB5-132T Chromebook also goes black screen ALL THE TIME, when I have a 4GB SD card inserted.  I just removed it and the frequent, spontaneous black screen stopped immediately.  This screen would CONSTANTLY go black.  I wonder if there's an SD card that won't yield the black screen issue.  My screen would always reopen, however, just by hitting the esc key.
  • MomofCAK
    MomofCAK Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same issue and it is with an ACER Chromebook 14.  Here is a picture of the message I have when I hit the tab.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    @MomofCAK please start a new thread for your issue, include the full model number of your Chromebook (likely something like CB415-52-xxxx) and try to get us a better picture I can't read the text on that one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.