Acer KG251QF audio in problem

Options
Dalle
Dalle Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives

Hi everyone.

I have just bought a new Acer KG251QF monitor, and connected it with HDMI and 3,5 jack audio cable. I can´t get sound on my monitor through the audio in port, but when i choose to get sound from HDMI it works fine. Does anyone knows why the audio in dosent work?

/Daniel

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    Hi, 

If you are connecting through the audio cable then follow the below steps.

1. go to control panel ( Press and hold windows + R and then type control and hit enter )
    2. click on hardware and sound
    3. Click on sound
    4. Under playback tab you would see 2 speakers ( 1 is internal and 2 is monitor speakers )
    5. Right click on monitor speakers and select set as default.

Please reply if the issue is resolved
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Dalle
    Dalle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, but it didn't help. When i connect my headset to the port in the computer, it Works fine, but not on my monitor. I also tries to connect my iPhone to the monitor, but no sound.
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi! To have more clarity on the issue, are you connecting an earphone of 3.5mm audio jack to the Audio In port in monitor and not able to get sound from the ear phones? 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    The Audio port on the KG251Q is for audio in from your computer to the internal speakers, not for audio out to headphones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • peptobismal
    peptobismal Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Having this same issue on the KG241P, it will play via the Nvidia drivers through DisplayPort; however, no matter how I set Realtek HD Audio it will not play through the monitor's speakers with a DisplayPort connected and running through Realtek.

Seems like Acer could have thought this through and made a setting on the monitor for which one to default audio to. I haven't tried this with a DVI, but I am sure that the only way to use the audio in would be to use a DVI connection where there is no audio transferred over the cord.  :p

Seems a bit silly if you ask me, because if I am using my desktop speakers, I want to use them all along with the monitor and not have to choose if I want to use just the 2W monitor speakers OR the speakers connected via 3.5mm.

Also, this is not mentioned in the User Guide anywhere, but I am sure this is the same case as you are connecting with HDMI, so the monitor is only looking for HDMI audio signals from the video card drivers. Which is kind of a bummer that Acer did not add the ability to change the audio input source... 

The only way I can think to work around this is to find an virtual audio cable mixer and use that as your default playback device... then you use that to output to the regular system speakers and the monitor; however, the results of this may vary from user to user as sometimes these can cause issues, just try and stay away from the VoiceMeeter and stuff as they can cause your sound to just go away. I think VB Audio Cable would work fine for this cause by itself. If you need help with setting it up let me know and I can point you to a guide. I used to use this for trolling with soundboards, because you can use this to also output microphone sounds. ;)

Dalle said:
    Thanks for your advice, but it didn't help. When i connect my headset to the port in the computer, it Works fine, but not on my monitor. I also tries to connect my iPhone to the monitor, but no sound.
    And the reason that your headset works is that it is probably actually routing the sound directly from Audio In to Headset; however, when headset is disconnected it defaults back to the HDMI connection for audio, I may be wrong..? A quick way to figure that out is to disconnect audio in and see if the headset still works? Also, if the monitor isn't able to adjust the headset volume then it's very likely that it is just playing the middle man between Audio In and Headset and then muting or disabling HDMI audio when that is the case.

Either way, the people posting on this may seem to have some technical know how, but I don't think they personally own one of these... so... they aren't really seeing the big picture. ;)
  • peptobismal
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Edit: Voicemeeter is fine I was thinking about Peace that causes issues Voicemeeter is necessary to actually control the VB Audio Cable
  • peptobismal
    Options
    So the workaround to get sound from both monitor AND system speakers that I would recommend is as follows:

- Download VB Audio Cable, Install, Do not restart.
    - Download VoiceMeeter (same website), Install, Restart.
    - Open Sounds, by right clicking the WHITE Speaker Icon on your taskbar.

- Now after opening Voicemeeter. Use the far right "A1" and "A2", set one as your monitor and one as your regular speakers.

- Enjoy!

The only real issue with this is that Windows no longer controls the volume so any up or down volume functionality will have to be done by using the slider to the left of Hardware Out or by manually adjusting it on the monitor and/or speakers. Windows volume only works at 100% and 0%, otherwise 1 = 100 = 2 = 50, and so on.