Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Ethernet Setup

RobsImpSSRobsImpSS Posts: 4Member New User
I have an older desktop Acer AMD3910-U4012 which came bundled with a backup copy of Windows 7 OS and the drivers in a protected partition.  However, I had to wipe the entire drive clean and thus lost the backup/restore partition and thus had to buy a copy of Windows 7.  However, after installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 on the wiped drive, I could only connect to the internet via a wireless connection as there was no Ethernet driver installed.  When I entered the desktop serial number into the Acer website to detect which driver files were applicable, I didn't see anything that suggested to me the right device driver to use.  I'm not an expert at setting up an Ethernet system on a computer so I thought someone here could help me figure out how to connect via Ethernet.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• billseybillsey Posts: 4,870 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Ah, OK. You want the one called LAN Driver, install it and it should get the port working.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

FAQ & Answers

• Rudy21Rudy21 Posts: 581Ally
    Please share the exact model number of your device..
    =) if this answers your question, please hit the Accept Answer =)
  • RobsImpSSRobsImpSS Posts: 4Member New User
    Aspire AMD3910-U4012
  • billseybillsey Posts: 4,870ACE Pathfinder
    Searching on the Acer support site for your Aspire M3910 model gives me this. Sometimes the model numbers can be confusing... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
    Yes, I found that as well but I do not know if the drivers I needed are there to my specific problem.
  • billseybillsey Posts: 4,870ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Ah, OK. You want the one called LAN Driver, install it and it should get the port working.
    Thanks, that did the trick.