Acer Aspire R 14 Wifi Connectivity issues

Options
Please_Help_My_WIFI
Please_Help_My_WIFI Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
So in order for me to connect to WiFi, I must restart my computer every time I open it. 

When I open my laptop after it has been shut, it will tell me that I am connected to WiFi but that I have no internet. So I simply restart my laptop, and for some reason, upon rebooting, I will be both connected and have WiFi.

I have tried reinstalling the wireless driver, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi! It will be helpfull to provide a better solution, if you could share the actual model # of the Acer computer. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,111 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click WiFi, click Properties, go to Power management and remove the tick against "Allow the computer to turn off this device....".

• Please_Help_My_WIFI
    Options
    EDIT: The Model Number is Aspire R5-471T!
  • Please_Help_My_WIFI
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Network adapters, highlight and right click WiFi, click Properties, go to Power management and remove the tick against "Allow the computer to turn off this device....".

So I have done this, yet it has done nothing. I still need to restart in order to get connected.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your WiFi card and the driver version.
  • Please_Help_My_WIFI
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please post the model of your WiFi card and the driver version.
    Absolutely, the WiFi card is "Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter" and the driver version is  4.0.2.262.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download driver version 12.0.0.137, extract the file to Desktop, go to Device manager, right click the WiFi and select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the current driver, do not reboot, install the new driver and see whether it fixes the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6397?b=1
  • Please_Help_My_WIFI
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to Acer support site and download driver version 12.0.0.137, extract the file to Desktop, go to Device manager, right click the WiFi and select Properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the current driver, do not reboot, install the new driver and see whether it fixes the problem.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6397?b=1

Just did this. It seems to work, however it normally requires my computer to be closed for a few dozen minutes before the WiFi issue appears.

Tonight I should know whether or not it is fully fixed and I will be sure to respond.

Thank you for your help so far!
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    You are welcome, hope this driver solves the problem :)
  • Please_Help_My_WIFI
    Options
    So unfortunately it does not seem to work. Upon opening my laptop this morning, I still needed to reset before the internet connectivity became available.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    said:
    So unfortunately it does not seem to work. Upon opening my laptop this morning, I still needed to reset before the internet connectivity became available.

Hi,
    Try using a different DNS service, right click WiFi icon in the taskbar, click open Network and Internet settings, click Change adapter options, right click WiFi and select Properties, highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click Properties, select the radio button " Use the following DNS...."
    You could try OpenDNS, GoogleDNS or CloudflareDND( address in my snip).
    OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4