Where is the docking port on Aspire A715-71G-7588?

linux_mint
linux_mint Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Is there a standard docking station for Aspire A715-71G-7588? Need the docking port specification.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    yes. contact the acer store and provide the snid they will get you the exact info for the specific model.
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi! There is no specific compatible model docking station available for Aspire A715-71G-7588. However, the unit has  one USB Type-C port on the left side of laptop. Using this USB Type-C port, you can have regular USB Type-C Doc connected to the computer. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Are you running Linux or Windows ? If Windows, any USB Displaylink dock will work.
  • Axel_Moonshine
    Axel_Moonshine Member Posts: 4 New User
    hi there,

I have the Aspire 7 A715-71G, i have a HP usb-C dock. I cant get it to work with this laptop. 

@Balatekie, also tryed a HP usb-c to DP adapter as suggested in your post of april 16th. Laptop gives a error "usb device not recognized". 

Does the laptop need a driver update?

Running windows 10.
  • Axel_Moonshine
    sorry i have the Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76WL, wrong copy paste. :(
  • Balatekie
    sorry i have the Acer Aspire 7 A715-72G-76WL, wrong copy paste. :(
    Hi Axel_Moonshine,
    The USB C Dock should be of 90W supply to work. Please visit the below website for getting compatible USB C Docking station for your laptop series. 
    https://www.ipc-computer.de/acer/notebook/aspire-serie/7/aspire-7-a717-72g-serie/portreplicator-31490650

• Axel_Moonshine
    Hi @Balatekie, thanks for the answer. The manual does not mentions 90w to get a portreplicator to work with the USB-C port. If you not use the usb-c port to power the laptop, can the power of the portreplicator be less?

• Balatekie
    Hi @Balatekie, thanks for the answer. The manual does not mentions 90w to get a portreplicator to work with the USB-C port. If you not use the usb-c port to power the laptop, can the power of the portreplicator be less?

Hi, 
    Yep.. you can use less Watt docking station, if you are not going to power up with it. 

• Axel_Moonshine
    So i have a 65W portreplicator, HP elite usb-c dock (2016 model), but it it not recognised by the laptop. So that makes me insecure about buying a new portreplicator. Especiliy one of 189 euro's.