Iconia One 10 (B3-A40) (PN: NT.LDNSG.001) - top micro usb port (next to micro SD) not working

lticonia
lticonia Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
All of the 5 brand new units I tested (model B3-A40-K5UQ) have them the same problem.  The top micro USB port (next to micro SD slot) does not connect with anything.  I can connect to a thumbdrive via a OTG dongle on the side port.  However, the same OTG dongle/thumbdrive is not detected by the top micro USB port.

I like to purchase a Iconia One 10 model which can use the top micro USB ports (via OTG dongle) to connect thumbdrive (leaving the side micro USB port available for charging).   Can a helpful soul list out models which a proven working top micro USB port.

Thanks.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,
    There are 2 types of usb's 2.0 and 3.0. 
    The port your tried to use can be a 2.0 port... if you insert the 3.0 usb it might not work.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • lticonia
    lticonia Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi Christy1 - The top micro USB port does not work on the models I tested.  I tested them with USB2.0 dongle and USB2.0 thumbdrive.  The same USB2.0 dongle+thumbdrive set-up works on side microUSB port.   Do you have an Iconia One 10 ?  Can you test on yours and let me know.  Thanks.
  • McStef
    McStef Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello everyone.
    Sorry for my english but i'm french.
    I myself have this wonderful tablet B3-A40 (NT.LDNEE.009) and my cable otg did not work.
    I had to "remove" about 3mm of otg cable pad to make contact.
    Indeed the two microUSB ports of the tablet are quite depressed which prevents a good connection.
    Hoping to help you
  • billybobray
    billybobray Member Posts: 1 New User
    Had the same problem and thought,turned out the  brand cables weren`t able to completely seat,so I cut some of the cable casing where it was hitting the tablets trim.
    That`s all it took !!!! Hopes this helps anyone with same issue
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi,

Was is not working from the day one of your purchase or it started recently. 
    Try to do a reset of the tablet and check if its working...
    1. Power off your Tablet.
    2. Press and hold Volume up and Power button at the same time until you boot into the Android system recovery. ...
    3. Choose Wipe data/Factory Reset with your volume keys and then press the power button to confirm.
    4. Related image

Accept if its Helpful.   B)