SSD Compatible with Aspire GX 781 ?

Options
Misrati
Misrati Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,

I recently bought an Acer aspire 781. I want to improve my Acer by installing a SSD. The only problem is that I do not know what type of SSD is compatible with my port.

I took a picture of the M.2 port on my computer and would like some advice should I buy a SATA SSD or an NVME SSD?

Here is the pic of my mobo port : https://imgur.com/a/1rPUg

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi! The Aspire GX-781 model computers come with 1 SSD bay. Form Factor is M.2.2280 & Interface is SATA 3.0. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi! The Aspire GX-781 model computers come with 1 SSD bay. Form Factor is M.2.2280 & Interface is SATA 3.0. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• thamahes1
    thamahes1 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    HI Dear, I would recommend you to buy SATA SSD for GX -781
  • Misrati
    Options
    Balatekie said:
    Hey it was fast lol !
    thanks you very much ;)
  • Misrati
    Options
    thamahes1 said:
    HI Dear, I would recommend you to buy SATA SSD for GX -781
    Hi, GX 781 only has 2 SATA port for HDd and optical drive.
  • phijim
    phijim Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi
    The Acer Aspire GX781 has one m2 2280 interface for ssd (although the specs quote 2!), my Acer Aspire GX781 had the sns8180ds3/128gh fitted from factory,  from experience the Kingston sm2280s3g2/480g , 480gb  ssd from kingstons "ssd to go range" works perfectly as replacement / upgrade.
    i also enquired with Kingston directly regarding the  A1000 NVMe PCIe as to if that would work, they said, "Based on those pictures* the A1000 appears to be supported on this desktop. Note however that we cannot guarantee its compatibility 100% as we have not tested this configuration.

Best regards

Daniel Hermann
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kingston Technology Europe Co LLP"
    *pictures refered to are similar to those included by the O/P
    hope that helps anyone else wanting to upgarde  ;)
  • ThefatDudeUK
    ThefatDudeUK Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Based on the comments is this the right one to get?  WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA - 1 TB, Blue - High Performance
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,862 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, that one should work fine. Clone the HDD to it and then remove the HDD for at least one boot cycle to change the EFI setting to use the SSD for the system drive, then reinstall the HDD and use Disk Management to wipe all partitions then create a big data partition using the whole drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.