Is there slot for SSD in ACER SWIFT 3 SF315-41 ryzen5

seerra
seerra Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought a new laptop with 1Tb HDD storage and was wondering to add a SSD in it. Their is no confirmation from the Acer support. Does it have a extra slot for SSD(if yes what type of SSD) or I just have to replace the Hdd. Also would opening my laptop will void the warranty that I have got as it has a circular warranty label on one of the screw.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    seerra said:
    ven98 said:
    You have a PCIe M.2 SSD slot, which supports both M.2 sata and M.2 NVMe SSDs. If your CPU is AMD ryzen 3 2200U or 2300U, it will work at only a half of the advertised speeds. 

If there is a sticker labelled 'warranty void if removed' or something along this line on one of the screws, that means if you open the laptop or damage the sticker, the warranty will be voided.
    And their is no such thing written on that label, it just says "Acer India Warranty".
    Well, I am not sure if removing the sticker will void the warranty, but it is more likely that it will in my opinion, otherwise why would it be there. If I were you I would give Acer support a call and ask them whether opening the laptop and installing an SSD will void the warranty.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    You have a PCIe M.2 SSD slot, which supports both M.2 sata and M.2 NVMe SSDs. If your CPU is AMD ryzen 3 2200U or 2300U, it will work at only a half of the advertised speeds. 

If there is a sticker labelled 'warranty void if removed' or something along this line on one of the screws, that means if you open the laptop or damage the sticker, the warranty will be voided.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• seerra
    ven98 said:

It is AMD Ryzen5 2500U recently released with Vega 8 integrated graphic processor.
    And their is no such thing written on that label, it just says "Acer India Warranty".
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    seerra said:
    ven98 said:

Well, I am not sure if removing the sticker will void the warranty, but it is more likely that it will in my opinion, otherwise why would it be there. If I were you I would give Acer support a call and ask them whether opening the laptop and installing an SSD will void the warranty.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• seerra
    @ven98
    Which SSD should I go for to get optimum performance?
  • ven98
    The speed of sata m.2 ssd is about 500mb/s read and write(4-5 faster than HDD), while the M.2 NVMe SSD can be from 4 to 7 faster depending on the SSD. If you are looking for best performance, I would recommend you samsung 960 evo or samsung 960 pro.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• saisankargochhayat
    saisankargochhayat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you manage to install an SSD? If so what did you decide to buy? Did you get it installed in the service center?
  • seerra
    edited July 2018
    Did you manage to install an SSD? If so what did you decide to buy? Did you get it installed in the service center?
    NO, I haven't yet. But if you are looking for an upgrade go for m.2 SDD with that you will be able to keep your hdd too. Don't buy PCLe Nvme as it isn't compatible to this model. Samsung Evo860 is the best choice that I would recommend. Also get it done from service center if you don't wanna void the warranty.
  • sumit_07
    sumit_07 Member Posts: 1 New User

hey guys! can you please help me right now ...is ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB PCIe M.2 2280 3D NAND Solid State Drive is suitable for Acer-swift-3-sf315-41-ryzen5?