Helios 300 G3-571-77QK Laptop Wifi No Internet When Charger is not Plugged In

azakhi
azakhi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I have the laptop written in title. When I connect to any Wireless network with charger plugged in it connects and I have internet. However when I unplug charger, it still shows connected to network but no internet. I tried this with several different Wireless networks including my mobile phone's hotspot. So far I have tried following:
  1. Changed power options so that Wireless is always on Maximum Performance even when on battery
  2. Unchecked the checkbox in device manager Wireless driver power options that says 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'
  3. Reinstalled drivers
  4. Power resetted the laptop as suggested by Support
  5. Resetted the BIOS as suggested by Support
Still no luck. I have no idea how to proceed now.
Thanks

Answers

• cSMVEacy
    cSMVEacy Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I used to have the same issue as you on my laptop which is the same as yours. Not really sure if it will work for you but what I did was use the high performance power profile in windows as a work around. I've updated my bios as the new ones became available and I'm thinking one of the newer ones fixed the issue as I have no issues anymore using the balanced power profile. Guess if you haven't tried either the power profile or updating the bios it's worth a shot to see if it cures it for you.
  • azakhi
    azakhi Member Posts: 2 New User
     said:
    I used to have the same issue as you on my laptop which is the same as yours. Not really sure if it will work for you but what I did was use the high performance power profile in windows as a work around. I've updated my bios as the new ones became available and I'm thinking one of the newer ones fixed the issue as I have no issues anymore using the balanced power profile. Guess if you haven't tried either the power profile or updating the bios it's worth a shot to see if it cures it for you.
    Thanks for the reply. I have updated Bios from v1.10 to v1.13 and I always use High Performance profile, didn't work unfortunately.

One other thing that I realized I forgot to mention is that when I unplug and have no internet, plugging back in doesn't help. I need to restart to use either cable or the wifi with charger plugged in. No idea if it is an important detail but a weird thing i think.