Acer Predator 15 G9-593 Speakers not working

aditya3494
aditya3494 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My laptop is fairly new about 1.5~ months old. Last couple of days, the Dolby audio was not working and when I would open the app it would give an error stating "Dolby installation is missing components....". Today I downloaded the Realtek HD Audio Drivers from Acer Support. Current version is 6.0.1.7917. It seems like the speakers are not working and only the subwoofer on the left is working. When I open the Sound from Control panel and test the Realtek Audio, the sound comes only from left side of laptop probably from sub woofer and nothing from other side.

However when I boot up my predator and the predator logo is on screen, the sound comes from everywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This is driver related issue. Download the latest realtek driver from realtek.com, which is R2.82. Turn off the wifi, then go to device manager>audio inputs and outputs>speakers>driver and then choose to uninstall the driver. Reset the laptop, install the realtek driver, turn the wifi back on and hope that dolby audio will appear.

The reason why you should turn off the wifi is to prevent windows from auto istalling the driver.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!