Where are the Nitro 5 keyboard back light settings?

mogulshredder
mogulshredder Member Posts: 4 New User
I cannot find any settings or function keys that work. Any solutions found yet?  I would really like to have my keyboard light on when plugged in, not using battery.  Otherwise need to fumble in the dark to turn on every 30 seconds, which is annoying.  I bought my Spin 5 and love it, except for this.  Please help...thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    mogulshredder 

You can press FN+F9 to turn the keyboard backlight on and off.
    While using AC adapter power, the keyboard backlight default is ON 
    On Battery power, the keyboard backlight default is OFF.

The keyboard will always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke. The timer is fixed at 30 seconds.

The system will not remember the keyboard backlight settings after resuming from sleep or shutdown.
    The keyboard backlight settings will return to default after resuming from sleep or shutdown.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • seb209
    seb209 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have updated the bios to version 1.11 and now the backlight turns itself off after 30 seconds even if the laptop is plugged in. Is there any fix to this?
  • Beppe
    Beppe Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited March 2020
    ORIGINAL
    Buongiorno,
    nel mio acer modello nitro 5 AN515-52 la barra spaziatrice non è retroilluminta. Soluzioni?
    Grazie.

TRANSLATED
    Good morning,
    in my acer model nitro 5 AN515-52 the space bar is not backlit. Solutions?
    Thank you.

Edited the thread by translating from Italian to English
    Acer-Samuel
  • Aky_hemasinghe
    Aky_hemasinghe Member Posts: 1 New User
    seb209 said:
    I have updated the bios to version 1.11 and now the backlight turns itself off after 30 seconds even if the laptop is plugged in. Is there any fix to this?
    Hi @seb209
    I have this problem as well. Plz tel me did you fix this. 
  • sclift7
    sclift7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I found this thread,  https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/538821/acer-nitro-5-keyboard-backlight 

They say this 30 second timer feature cannot be changed.  They sited "Please refer to the following knowledge article link: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903 We will provide your feedback to our design/engineering team for future consideration, but at the moment theirs no information that this feature will be changed."

I even called Acer's technical support line and this was confirmed.  It cannot be changed.

I think if we spam the heck out of that "knowledge article" as NOT HELPFUL they will change the feature. fingers crossed, because it's so freaking annoying. Might also want to include its for the Nitro 5. I like the computer just hate this feature. 

• Ken_Kenz
    Ken_Kenz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

LOL who saId cant be changed mine never turned of after updating my bios to 1.25
    there is no setting but you can access it on bios menu by disabling the timeout kb backlight
    its work to me :) download it from acer care or acer website the new bios 1.25 (impelemented kb backligth timeout)

• BaYyan
    BaYyan Member Posts: 1 New User
    seb209 said:
    Hi @seb209
    I have this problem as well. Plz tel me did you fix this. 
    Take the solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil-TKPuucQ

• tythis
    tythis Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've called tech support.  I've updated the BIOS.  I've looked for this setting in the BIOS and it's not there.  I've looked in the Acer Care Center app and it claims everything is up to date.  I've adjusted the power settings.  It's plugged in.  There's just no getting these keyboard lights to stay on.  
  • What is the exact model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    If you hit your nitro fan button and go to the settings icon and look at the very bottom you can turn of the setting.

That is not on all models, we need his model number

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• laina_v_raq
    laina_v_raq Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020
    Hey guys this is a digital agony, never, ever, ever thought a free market economy in recent days would leave such a product reach consumer hands. I find these backlight issues in combination with the black colour of the keyboard itslef to be the deal breaker with this product/company. Leave it to your comments whether will recycle this product for the good of humanity or will give it to my child if somehow manage to fix this small issue. Still guys, if your job means something, believe me, this is a disaster. 

Edited the image to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
    IMG.jpg 308.1K
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Hey guys this is a digital agony, never, ever, ever thought a free market economy in recent days would leave such a product reach consumer hands. I find these backlight issues in combination with the black colour of the keyboard itslef to be the deal breaker with this product/company. Leave it to your comments whether will recycle this product for the good of humanity or will give it to my child if somehow manage to fix this small issue. Still guys, if your job means something, believe me, this is a disaster. 

Please start a new topic of your own for your question and explain exactly what your backlight issues are. Also the picture of the underside of your laptop helps with nothing, we need your model number, for example AN515-**

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Drrwal14
    Drrwal14 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2020

ORIGINAL
    Mam taki sam problem moja wersja to AN515-52

TRANSLATED
    I have the same problem, my version is AN515-52

Edited the thread by translating from Polish to English
    Acer-Samuel
  • @Drrwal14Ideally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fluffymunster
    fluffymunster Member Posts: 2 New User
    If you hit your nitro fan button and go to the settings icon and look at the very bottom you can turn of the setting.

Thank you worked a treat!
  • Scott1971
    Scott1971 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I cannot find any settings or function keys that work. Any solutions found yet?  I would really like to have my keyboard light on when plugged in, not using battery.  Otherwise need to fumble in the dark to turn on every 30 seconds, which is annoying.  I bought my Spin 5 and love it, except for this.  Please help...thanks in advance!
    If you have NitroSense installed, the 30-second off can be toggled on/off within the 'settings' section in that.
  • tech12
    tech12 Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Thanks Scott
  • bubblyteas
    bubblyteas Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've had a Nitro 5 for about 6 months, and the keyboard lights always stayed on unless my laptop was unplugged. Yesterday, they started turning off if I wasn't pressing them. I really want these lights to stay on, since I can't see the keyboard in the dark with the backlight on. Anyone know how to fix this?
  • @bubblyteas Ideally, you should create a new thread and also provide the exact model of the laptop.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer