Hi I recently purchased the aspire a715 laptop and the keyboard has stopped working ..

hesum75
hesum75 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi I recently purchased the aspire a715 laptop and the keyboard suddenly  has stopped working and I'm pretty disappointed .. keyboard is working in bios menu but not in the os. 
I tried battery rest and updating bios but they didn't solve the problem
. If any one knows the solution please let me know what to do. Thanks

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Open device manager and uninstall the keyboard driver, then restart the laptop and let windows install the driver automatically.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, click Properties, uninstall the driver in Driver tab, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
  • ShaharadhS
    ShaharadhS Member Posts: 2 New User
    ven98 said:
    Open device manager and uninstall the keyboard driver, then restart the laptop and let windows install the driver automatically.

Hey, I'm facing the same thing as the OP. I did all that you have said, tried updating the drivers, turning the sticky/filter keys on/off but nothing seems to work. I know that it's not a hardware issue as I can trigger BIOS using F2/F8 keys but cannot navigate further using arrow keys.