both SHIFT KEYS stopped working, help needed

itahirmasood
itahirmasood Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
hi everyone, i am currently using travelmate laptop. few weeks back shift key stopped partially stopped working as i could still capitalize alphabets but not special letters. but when i keep pressing shift along with function or ctrl key it sometimes worked. and then it resolved automatically.. but from last week, both shift key stopped working altogether, i tried almost everything like unchecking sticky keys, uninstalling keyboard driver and reinstalling. but nothing working right now. please help me out. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    What travelmate model number? Sometimes the keyboard ribbon cable needs to be re-seated a few time in the motherboard to clean the contacts. But more often, a new keyboard is recommended because the key contacts are starting to wear out or gummed up with dust and other debris. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• itahirmasood
    itahirmasood Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    What travelmate model number? Sometimes the keyboard ribbon cable needs to be re-seated a few time in the motherboard to clean the contacts. But more often, a new keyboard is recommended because the key contacts are starting to wear out or gummed up with dust and other debris. Jack E/NJ
    its p253-m.. and from past two say control key also stopped working ;9
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    First try re-seating the keyboard ribbon cable at the mainboard connector  a few times to clean the contacts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ