Compatible printers for chromebook.

chinkel62
chinkel62 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a 2015 Acer chromebook, I would like to get a printer, but am confuse on which ones are compatible for chromebooks. Anyone have any suggestions? I would like a 3-1 (printer, copy, scan) if not to costly, or just a printer, also easy set up. Thank-You for anyone's help.

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓

According to Google, Chrome recognizes WiFi and LAN printers but is no mention of USB. Mine is able to reach my 4450 that is plugged in (RJ45) to the gateway router (192.168.44.x) and the Chromebook could find it through the separate WiFi router (192.168.45.x).

This looks like quite a deal but is today only.

Answers

• padgett
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓

According to Google, Chrome recognizes WiFi and LAN printers but is no mention of USB. Mine is able to reach my 4450 that is plugged in (RJ45) to the gateway router (192.168.44.x) and the Chromebook could find it through the separate WiFi router (192.168.45.x).

This looks like quite a deal but is today only.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi, 

There are 2 types of connectivity options given in chromebook for connecting printer.

1. Classic ready ( not much helpful )
    2. Cloud ready ( easily accessible ) 

Please click the below link to check the method on how to connect a printer. 
    Link: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • padgett
    I since received the HP 5561, has a wifi connection to the router and all of my devices can reach it including the Chrome.