Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Aspire R3-131T Power Issue

hellogunahelloguna Posts: 5Member New User
I m using Acer aspire R3-131-T Model Laptop when i switch on no display my laptop my battery 100 % chrged  next i remove the battery after turn on in raw power supply no display that time also then i do one thing some reset button is there in mother board then i pressed reset button after reset swith on my laptop display also comming but now my problem is this is happen many time happen this problem so i again again reset that button its turn on how sole this issue please help me  

Best Answers

• padgettpadgett Posts: 3,899 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    I wish I understood your question but the battery is not removable without disassembly. Do you mean the power adapter ? What is "raw power" please ?
  • SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,107 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

helloguna 

If the lower case is not securely screwed or snapped into place, the system will disconnect power from the battery. The system will still receive power from the AC adapter. But the battery will not charge or discharge if the lower case is not screwed or snapped into place.

There is a small button below the RAM slot that detects when the lower case is removed. Please note the second button closest to the board edge is the battery Reset button.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

FAQ & Answers

• padgettpadgett Posts: 3,899ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    I wish I understood your question but the battery is not removable without disassembly. Do you mean the power adapter ? What is "raw power" please ?
  • hellogunahelloguna Posts: 5Member New User
    Raw power means direct power supply using power adapter  without  battery supply 
    Well first I would make sure the screws on the back are hand tight (are small so don't play Godzilla). The R3 has a microswitch on the back cover to prevent it turning on when open.
    i tested without back cover manufacturer screw that time also this problem happen,. then what is R3 Microswitch?   
    Mine has one but is possible that not all do.
  • SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,107ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer

helloguna 

If the lower case is not securely screwed or snapped into place, the system will disconnect power from the battery. The system will still receive power from the AC adapter. But the battery will not charge or discharge if the lower case is not screwed or snapped into place.

There is a small button below the RAM slot that detects when the lower case is removed. Please note the second button closest to the board edge is the battery Reset button.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

yes now battery working  thank you very much
    Sorry again same problem comming what can i do ???
  • KamalikaKamalika Posts: 30Member Die Hard
    You may have to do a BIOS default. Turn off computer. Then Turn it on and keep tapping F2 to go to BIOS. Ones in BIOS tap F9 ,Enter, F10, Enter. This will restart computer and most often this resolves the issue.
    If I helped, please click "Like"
    If I answered your question, please mark my post "Yes" to make it easier for others to find the answer!
  • lucky_blooplucky_bloop Posts: 1Member New User
    Sharanji, thank you for your comment about the tactile switch which disconnects the battery whenever the laptop case is open.

I recently replaced the RAM in my Aspire R3-131T and couldn't get the laptop to run off battery power after opening up the case. It turned out to be that this button wasn't pressed hard enough when my case is screwed together. I added a bit of material to put more pressure on the switch and it's working better now.

Many thanks!!!
  • SharanjiSharanji Posts: 3,107ACE Pathfinder
    lucky_bloop 
    Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem.