ACER SWIFT 3 SF315-41 CAN'T FIND THE TOUCHPAD DRIVER TO UPDATE IT

Mpegleris
Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello my friends! I'm looking for swift 3 ryzen 2500u touchpad driver in windows 10 system devices but there s only visible the mouse driver. No touchpad at all. I'm showing all the hidden devices but no hope... Is there any way to find the touchpad driver because there are 2 new touchpad drivers from Acer updates and I don't know whos the manufacturer to update with the right one... 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Press WinKey + R. Enter "main.cpl". Jack E/NJ PS: If it's working like a charm, why do you want to fix it with an update?

Jack E/NJ

• Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch pad > Details > (Drop down menu) Device Instance Path

Copy and Paste value

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    "In general" if device manager cannot find the device even as a hidden device (devices with driver problems usually show up here), the BIOS is not detecting it. You may have a hardware issue.
  • Mpegleris
    Mpegleris Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    padgett said:
    "In general" if device manager cannot find the device even as a hidden device (devices with driver problems usually show up here), the BIOS is not detecting it. You may have a hardware issue.

I don't have any hardware issue cause its working like a charm... I really don't know how but its working...hahahha BUT still cant find its driver... its strange
  • JackE
    edited April 2018 Answer ✓
    Press WinKey + R. Enter "main.cpl". Jack E/NJ PS: If it's working like a charm, why do you want to fix it with an update?

Jack E/NJ

• Ecip
    Ecip Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Device Manager > Human Interface Devices > HID-compliant touch pad > Details > (Drop down menu) Device Instance Path

Copy and Paste value
  • ShriGanesh
    ShriGanesh Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ecip said:

Copy and Paste value
    Hi,
    So I have followed the process and have copied the Device Instance Path. Where do I paste it?
    All of a sudden my Touchpad isn't working, so trying to find a solution for it.
  • JackE
    ShriGanesh  Try turning the touchpad on with the FN+F7 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ