Windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings error, CANT FIX! P-G3-571

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try turning Windows firewall off to see what happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    And if turning off the firewall doesn't work, here's another suggestion you could try by Sharangi for the same adapter on a different model. Jack E/NJ    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/563033/#Comment_563033

Jack E/NJ

• mattf0124
    mattf0124 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    I'll try that in a bit, wanted to give a quick update. All my other computers are running just fine, with no issues, and not experiencing the internet issue at all, however I did check to see if I was getting the same proxy error....and I am, on every single one of them ,I assumed they didn't because they are running fine....I'm calling my ISP when I have the chance to see if this is normal, I get gigabit FO from my power company, It used to run by simply plugging an Ethernet from the wall to the router, that's it, they upgraded my TV box which no longer uses coax, so it now goes from the wall to a network switch, then switch to router and tuner box. I am now thinking plugging in the other USB wifi adapter is the source of my issues....as I noticed the performance woes shortly after that, so a reset may still be in order......more suggestions are welcome and I will update when I know more.

Running fine for example, ping and DL and UL speeds very consistent in regard to ping and speeds, 1-3 ms ping, and around 500 up and down, 10x in a row.....on the laptop presently, 90% of the time I cant even get far enough to run the test, and when searching for best server, if it connects has been in places I never heard of, and speeds vary greatly .... then just general internet usage, other machines are near instant almost everytime, on the laptop, some are snappy, most take 10-15 seconds....sometimes it can take minutes and eventually time out.

I'm kind of thinking of removing al WAN devices in device manager, deleting current drivers and then reinstalling the full driver package.
  • JackE
    Options
    Sounds complicated! =) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mattf0124
    mattf0124 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
    Options
    and frustrating....