Acer Nitro 5 An515-42 release date

12345679»

Answers

• Nighthawk00007
    Nighthawk00007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I just recently bought my new laptop Acer Nitro an515-42. I am having  wifi drop issue. The wifi network goes off and it gets disconnected automatically, after I reconnect the internet, it works fine but it goes off again after 2 or 3 min. I think there is problem with the qualcomm wireless network adapter. Please tell me how I should resolve this issue.
  • Jimster480
    Jimster480 Member Posts: 93 Fixer WiFi Icon
    All problems with the AMD Radeon drivers have just been fixed today.
    Now all APU's in laptops will be included in every normal driver update.

Hi, I just recently bought my new laptop Acer Nitro an515-42. I am having  wifi drop issue. The wifi network goes off and it gets disconnected automatically, after I reconnect the internet, it works fine but it goes off again after 2 or 3 min. I think there is problem with the qualcomm wireless network adapter. Please tell me how I should resolve this issue.
    Mine has the same problem, its apparently known with the wifi adapter with certain hotspots/routers/access points.

I just use a USB wifi adapter when I am connecting to something that causes it to drop.
  • Michael852654
    Michael852654 Member Posts: 2 New User
    NVME does not work with the Nitro 5 AN515-42-R7EB (AMD Ryzen 5 2500), it came with BIOS 1.08, I've tried with all BIOS 1.09 / 1.10 ... until 1.13, no luck, was not recognized.

Which is sort of sad, especially since the much cheaper Aspire A315-51-38G5 (Intel i7) works super fast with the Samsung 970 EVO NVME drive which I swapped out to try with the Nitro 5... (so it went back into the Aspire A315-51, have ordered SATA version for the Nitro 5...)

So I'm assuming it has to do with the AMD chip set, since it seems the Intel versions do work with NVME m.2 cards...
  • Red_Sun
    Red_Sun Member Posts: 86 Fixer WiFi Icon
    NVME does not work with the Nitro 5 AN515-42-R7EB (AMD Ryzen 5 2500), it came with BIOS 1.08, I've tried with all BIOS 1.09 / 1.10 ... until 1.13, no luck, was not recognized.

Which is sort of sad, especially since the much cheaper Aspire A315-51-38G5 (Intel i7) works super fast with the Samsung 970 EVO NVME drive which I swapped out to try with the Nitro 5... (so it went back into the Aspire A315-51, have ordered SATA version for the Nitro 5...)

So I'm assuming it has to do with the AMD chip set, since it seems the Intel versions do work with NVME m.2 cards...
    See this post. It is a hardware, not firmware, limitation according to Acer Level 2 tech support. However, the 860 Evo M.2 was an excellent consolation prize and differences in speed are arguable not noticeable.

• anil1213
    anil1213 Member Posts: 1 New User
    acer nitro An515 - 42 (R5 2500u and Rx560x) black screen problem only when on the laptop and it will stay 2 minutes and going how can I resolve this isuue?