PlatinumPAS - Preboot Authentication Services Please insert a valid SmartCard after bios battery rep

glow
glow Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have an Acer TravelMate 6460 notebook
After the CMOS battery being replaced I can't boot the computer.
I have this message:
"PlatinumPAS - Preboot Authentication Services
Please insert a valid SmartCard"
I can't access the bios either. The F2 key does't help.
I can't even contact the support, because the serial number is not visible (I have a blank patch on the bottom).Does
I didn't activated my smart cards. Have two blank.
How can I boot my notebook?

Answers

• glow
    glow Member Posts: 2 New User
    Here i found the same problem.
    http://www.fixya.com/support/t415145-platinumpas_preboot_authentication#cmnt_3464482
    "PlatinumPAS ? preboot authentication services verify please insert a valid smartcard
    I unplug my cmos battery from the mainboard, after plug it back and try to on my computer, but cannot load windows, but show "PlatinumPAS – preboot authentication services verify please insert a valid smartcard"..... wat should i do????? i wan to try to reset CMOS, but i dont know how to do it... pls help!!!!"
    And the solution:
    "Under the keyboard have a switch. Set the key number 3 in "ON". that's all folks....."
    But I can't find that switch.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Remove the main battery and power supply. Remove the CMOS cell. Short out the cell's mainboard terminals to discharge the BIOS to its default state. Also press and hold the power button for about a minute. Replace the CMOS cell, main battery and power supply. Try it again. Report back. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    From whom did you acquire this machine? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ