edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Chromebook in question is the 4gb/32gb Acer Chromebook 14

Any app which I use (including Play Store), constantly crashes. I've tried:

• Powerwash
  • Switching channels (am on stable atm)
  • Chromebook recovery thingy
  • Reset

I mainly use Snapchat and Spotify.

Does anyone know why the hell this is happening. I got this laptop for pretty cheap, and the store does not stock it anymore so I'd have to fish out a bit of cash to get a new one.

At the moment I am on stable, with no extensions, just resetted and powerwashed, and only 1 app (Snapchat)

Does anyone know why the hell this is happening?

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 686 Moderator
    Please open task manager to find out how much space is left over ( Hold Shift and press Esc to launch task manager in chrome book ). If you think its high usage with no apps running in the background then i would suggest to check for an update.

if the update also does not solve the issue then contact acer support for more help
  • hoix
    hoix Member Posts: 2 New User
    running top in crosh shows about 700mb-1gb of free ram (I do have youtube and snapchat open at this point, mind you), and about 10-20% cpu usage

I'm on the current update for the stable channel too

Acer Support it is then, unless anyone else knows what is up
  • fancyq
    fancyq Member Posts: 1 New User
    How did this turn out? I just bought one, and upgraded immediately to v81 (it had a v64 on it still out of the box!).  Anyway, it's used for google classrooms and then whatever free web-based games my kiddos teacher is throwing at them.  I've turned off almost all syncing.  The only thing still syncing across my sons profile is the chrome pw manager.  the school has added some extensions.  There is plenty of storage left. I don't know that i've monitored the Task Manager before a crash. Let me know if there are additional thoughts.