Ram upgrade for acer aspire xc-730

Fionaccf
Fionaccf Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I like to seek help on what suitable RAM I should get for acer aspire xc-730?

The current model comes with 4gb ddr3 of ram seem lack of performance. I like to add another 4gb ram ,  will it help? Thank you. 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Yes, it will help but replacing your HDD with a SSD will improve the performance immensely.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Fionaccf 

This model support 240-pin DDR3L 1.35V 2133 unbuffered Non-ECC SoDIMMs (2GB or 4GB) dual channel up to 8GB total memory.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Fionaccf
    Thank you brummyfan2, I just got my Acer today, but I will definitely put your suggestion in my mind.  =)

Thank you sharanji! The motherboard written ddr3 1.5v , will it work for 1.35v ddr3l? 

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    @Fionaccf  

Please check the memory modules inside the device. If it is ddr3 1.5v you can use the same type of modules.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Fionaccf said:
    Thank you brummyfan2, I just got my Acer today, but I will definitely put your suggestion in my mind.  =)

Thank you sharanji! The motherboard written ddr3 1.5v , will it work for 1.35v ddr3l? 

You are welcome :)
  • Fionaccf
    please bear with me here as this is my first time to purchase slim pc  :3
    acer website written support ddr3l but the board stated ddr3 

attached here my motherboard picture. 

image hosted at (imgbb.com) sorry, unable to upload to forum 
    https://ibb.co/b5kgc7

for this Acer xc-730 model, I can either run ddr3l (1.35v) or ddr3 (1.5v) ram?
    Please enlighten me. 

Thank you you for all the help, save me from pulling my hair out  =)

• Chipi
    Chipi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys, I have XC-730 pc. Installed Kingston RAM KVR16LS11/4 DDR3L 4GB. 
    My PC won't boot. Any advise? 
  • Chipi said:
    Hi guys, I have XC-730 pc. Installed Kingston RAM KVR16LS11/4 DDR3L 4GB. 
    My PC won't boot. Any advise? 
    Hi,
    Switch the modules around, you could also try wiping the pins and insert them properly seated, try only one module and see whether it boots with the old module, and finally the module you bought may be faulty one. 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2019
    You can use CPU-Z to check your existing ram voltage to see if it's 1.35 or 1.5.

DDR3L is "supposed" to work at both 1.35V or 1.5V, but sometimes when you mix it with DDR3 1.5V it won't (for whatever reason)....and your computer won't boot.

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Note: DDR3 1.5V is not intended to be flexible.  It can typically only run at 1.5V   (although sometimes not always the case).

DDR3L 1.35V is "supposed" to be flexible and run at 1.35V or 1.5V. 

There have been a handful of people on this forum that have reported that  their computers won't boot when they mixed DDR3L 1.35V with DDR3 1.5V.
    It's not a common problem but it has happened.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Yusof
    Yusof Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can I upgrade Aspire XC-730 4gb ram to 8 GB ram. Because I want to play games more high graphics 😅 tell me how to do it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    @Yusof as stated above, you can go to a total of 8GB of memory on the XC-730.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.