Acer Aspire A515-51G-5072 SSD Installation

pd1337
pd1337 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

I have bought a 500GB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 SSD but it did not come with extra screws for installation.
The SSD touches the motherboard IC's below, it will need a standoff / spacer to suspend it from the top of the motherboard.

1) What is the size of the hole in mm?
2) What is the length of the screw in mm ?
3) What is the size of the standoff / spacer in mm?
4) From where can I get extra screws and a standoff / spacer for installing SSD ?

SSD Size: 2280
Laptop : A515-51G-5072
Part Number : NX.GTCSI.002

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,793 Trailblazer
    Screw & standoff. Google part # "86.GDEN7.002" for vendors Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,428 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    pd1337 said:
    Hi,

I have bought a 500GB Samsung Evo 860 M.2 SSD but it did not come with extra screws for installation.
    The SSD touches the motherboard IC's below, it will need a standoff / spacer to suspend it from the top of the motherboard.

1) What is the size of the hole in mm?
    2) What is the length of the screw in mm ?
    3) What is the size of the standoff / spacer in mm?
    4) From where can I get extra screws and a standoff / spacer for installing SSD ?

SSD Size: 2280
    Laptop : A515-51G-5072
    Part Number : NX.GTCSI.002

Hi,
    I have M.2 SSD installed without any screws in my A515-51 for the past 3 months, it's held by the back cover and it stays at roughly 15° and not flat, so far I had zero problem but I don't know the long term implications.
    This is what I did, inserted the SSD at an angle, put the back cover back and slowly closed expecting it to hold the SSD in place and it works. I think that as long as you don't throw the laptop about or shake it vehemently, the SSD will  stay in the slot and work.
  • R7vmc
    R7vmc Member Posts: 65 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited April 2018
    I saw a video recently about a guy installing M.2 and he said he got the Screw From HDD holder and you don't need a spacer