Windows 10 Drivers for the Acer Predator Z35 (120hz)???

acuraice
acuraice Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 2018 in Predator Monitors

Answers

• acuraice

Tinkerer

when i search on the acer website for the Windows 10 drivers for my Acer Predator Z35, nothing comes up!!! When i view the device manager it shows my monitor as "Generic PnP Monitor"  Im trying to enable the HDR feature in Windows 10 bc i know my monitor and definitely graphics card (1080Ti 11GB) are equipped with this feature. Yet when i try to enable the HDR feature in the display settings in Windows 10, it says no HDR capable monitor is found. Thats bc the friggin drivers are nonexistent. How can they not have official windows 10 drivers for this monitor????????  Also has anybody been able to find a way to enable the HDR in Windows 10 with my same monitor??? Thank you in advance for your help since the Acer website is useless.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    as far as i know, Z35 doesn't need drivers for windows 10.
    if you have issues on having 120HZ, please check the video cable and to have the latest GPU driver installed.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • acuraice

Tinkerer

i have no issues with overclocking the monitor to 120 hz and i def have the latest drivers. i just cant enable the hdr setting bc it says no monitor attached is capable of it when it clearly is
  • IronFly
    can you please post the exact model number and the first 10 characters of the serial number
  • acuraice

Tinkerer

why do u need my serial number? even if partial?
  • IronFly
    To check the exact specs of your model.
  • Myname
    Myname Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im having the same issue as you but instead of hdr its the framerate im not able to push as it supposed to..i cant have a solid 100hz with a i7 6700 and 1080ti sc 16gb ram ddr4 all driver is up to date i also reinstall windows 10 and replace cable (display port) still dont see the z35..only generic pnp im lost since i tried everything
  • OhGod
    OhGod Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Same here.  Did anyone figure anything out?  Thanks!
  • nbanflfan
    nbanflfan Member Posts: 1 New User
    these drivers dont work. it still shows "generic PnP monitor". Anybody else please help?
  • acuraice

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    They do work!! Try restarting after u've installed them . The moment I installed them it no longer says generic monitor, it will change to say acer predator when done correctly
  • TheDeacon
    TheDeacon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Recently bought a predator z35 and have 2 problems.  First, when I go to install the monitor driver the web site says "Before installing the Touchpad driver, please install the Serial I/O driver first."  Second, the download does not have a setup exe file so the driver cannot be installed.