Nitro V17 Black Screen & Stuck in Boot w/External Monitor

K32
K32 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
A few days ago, my VN7-791G-7484 would power on but had a black screen with no backlight. Fortunately, it worked with an external monitor so I reset the Intel graphics driver and the screen turned back on immediately.

Now the problem came back but resetting the driver does not fix it. Since disabling/enabling the graphics driver originally fixed the issue, I feel like it is not a hardware problem. I've tried a number of things with no luck: 
- Battery reset button
- Safe Mode
- Uninstalled recent Windows updates
- Reset both graphics drivers
- Refreshed Windows
- Ran Windows Memory Diagnostics
- Swapped and cleaned RAM sticks
- Updated BIOS
- Removed CMOS battery for 5 minutes

To make things worse, it began getting stuck on the start up (Acer) screen when powered on with the HDMI cable connected (to the external monitor). I was originally able to work around this by connecting the cable after the boot. But now if I connect the cable after start up, nothing displays on the monitor so I am unsure if it is even reaching the Windows screen at all anymore.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Answers

• TechSaavy
    TechSaavy Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter

Hi There,

·         If you display work fine in external and not in internal monitor, also if there is no black light try to turn the PC and use a flash light on the internal display if could blur display on the screen. Then your internal monitor has gone bad.

·         Check whether you able to get the display properly in BIOS with the internal monitor

Regards,

TechSaavy