How do I check what voltage my laptop runs through the ram?

Options
Wayne2018
Wayne2018 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have no idea how to check and I really don’t want to ruin my laptop by putting in a DDR3 if my laptop cannot support it.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Wayne2018 said:
    ven98 said:
    The CPU supports DDR3L(1.35v) and Low-power DDR3(1.2v) up to 1866MHz. It also supports Low-power DDR4 up to 2400MHz. It also depends on your mother board. Some RAM slots are universal and allow DDR3 or DDR4 to be added. You can add up to 8GB RAM on a single slot.

Please post your laptop's full model number.
    Does this mean I can’t use a DDR3?
    You can't use DDR3 https://ark.intel.com/products/95598/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3350-2M-Cache-up-to-2_4-GHz

Wayne2018 said:
    ven98 said:
    The CPU supports DDR3L(1.35v) and Low-power DDR3(1.2v) up to 1866MHz. It also supports Low-power DDR4 up to 2400MHz. It also depends on your mother board. Some RAM slots are universal and allow DDR3 or DDR4 to be added. You can add up to 8GB RAM on a single slot.

Aspire ES1-132 series model number N16Q6

hope that’s what you need

Your laptop supports DDR3L:

Unfortunately, the info that I find is that your laptop supports DDR3L, nothing mentioned about DDR3.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    Options
    What is the CPU that is inside your laptop?
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• Wayne2018
    Options
    It says CPU N3350 @ 1.1GHz 
  • Wayne2018
    Options
    ven98 said:
    What is the CPU that is inside your laptop?
    Would you know if my CPU would support the ddr3?
  • ven98
    Options

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Wayne2018
    Options
    ven98 said:

• Wayne2018
    Options
    ven98 said:

• ven98
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Wayne2018 said:
    ven98 said:

You can't use DDR3 https://ark.intel.com/products/95598/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N3350-2M-Cache-up-to-2_4-GHz

Wayne2018 said:
    ven98 said:

Your laptop supports DDR3L:

Unfortunately, the info that I find is that your laptop supports DDR3L, nothing mentioned about DDR3.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system