nitro 5 randomly shutting off

joeybones001
joeybones001 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2018 in Nitro Gaming
my nitro 5 shuts of randomly when not on charge too! Has anyone figured a for sure fix?

Answers

• Pandu
    Pandu Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

An overheating power supply, due to a malfunctioning fan, can cause a computer to shut off unexpectedly. Continuing to use the faulty power supply can result in damage to the computer and should be replaced immediately. ... Software utilities such as Speed Fan can also be used to help monitor fans in your computer. Check whether the fan is working or not. If not replace it immediately.

Did this answer the question? Yes · No

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

• GabeWJ
    GabeWJ Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

yeahhhhhh but why is it happening when the it is on battery power? this problem seems to only be happening when the computer is on battery power only, how is that an over heating problem, also when it is happening, the computer is obviously not overheating or warm to the touch. soooooooooooo.
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,101 Trailblazer
    edited April 2018
    my nitro 5 shuts of randomly when not on charge too! Has anyone figured a for sure fix?

Hi,
    You could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect the AC adapter, follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for a while before starting again.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset
  • JoLynn
    JoLynn Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I discovered that mine what shutting off whenever my FitBit Charge 2 was near it.
  • JoLynn
    JoLynn Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

JoLynn said:
    I discovered that mine what shutting off whenever my FitBit Charge 2 was near it.
    I discovered it's not the FitBit. It's the magnetic clasp on the band. There's a spot near the front of the keyboard, just left of the touch pad. When the magnet gets near it, everything goes dark. (Sorry for falsely accusing the FitBit!)
  • Halieberry99
    Halieberry99 Member Posts: 1 New User
    mine is starting to shut off too. where do you find the part that needs to be replaced?