Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer nitro 5 RAM upgrade

tdh0085tdh0085 Posts: 3Member New User
edited March 2018 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I currently have 8gb of RAM and i want to upgrade. How many slots does the nitro have for RAM? Whats a good brand to buy? Is it easy to install? Im pretty sure i can figure it out, im decent with computers and working with my hands.

Model Number - AN515-51
CPU - Intel 15-7300HQ 2.5GHz
GPU - I think its a GEForce GTX 1050
Operating system - Win 10 64-bit

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,142 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Install CPU-z and find out the make and model of your current 8GB module, get a module to match the specs of the RAM and install, you have two slots (one occupied by current 8GB RAM), you need DDR4, 2133/2400MHz memory module.
    Open the memory hatch at the back, insert the module at an angle and gently push down until the retainer clips click.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,142ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Install CPU-z and find out the make and model of your current 8GB module, get a module to match the specs of the RAM and install, you have two slots (one occupied by current 8GB RAM), you need DDR4, 2133/2400MHz memory module.
    Open the memory hatch at the back, insert the module at an angle and gently push down until the retainer clips click.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • tdh0085tdh0085 Posts: 3Member New User
    ahh gotcha. thank you. Would something like this work? even though i can see the info about my current ram i still cant tell which one to get. In the link it says its compatible with the acer nitro 5 an515 which is what i have but for some reason im still not sure. If this ram is compatible then can i install it along side my current ram? Does the new ram need to be the exact same specs and/or capacity as my current ram? Sry for all of the questions i just want to make sure i get it right.....

https://www.amazon.com/Adamanta-Memory-Predator-Travelmate-PC4-19200/dp/B078TNLS5C/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1521692989&sr=1-1&keywords=an515-51+ram
    Hi,
    Yes, both should work, but I would prefer Adamanta module, Amazon has a good return policy, so if it doesn't work you can always return it and get a replacement.
  • Noash3Noash3 Posts: 5Member New User
    The Acer Nitro 5 -AN515-51 can support ddr4 2666mhz ?
    Noash3 said:
    Hi,
    It can only support up to 2400MHz.
  • BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 962ACE Pioneer
    Yes... The Acer Nitro 5 -AN515-51 supports DDR4 type RAM.
    DIMM Type:- DDR4 2133/2400 SODIMM
    Memory interface design: • DDR4 SODIMM slot x 2 •
    Maximum memory is up to 32GB
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• phantomkromephantomkrome Posts: 3Member New User
    Can it handle another 16gb with the 8gb
  • Jack22Jack22 Posts: 1,964ACE Pathfinder
    @phantomkrome
    It has 2 slots for RAM and the maximum it can handle is 32GB

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • rikkibaserrikkibaser Posts: 1Member New User
    I have 4gb ram installed on my Acer Nitro 5 but i want to upgrade into 16gb ram, but I don't have enough budget for that, so my plan is I will buy 8gb ram to make it 12gb ram, Is this possible? Any Suggestions guys?
  • haszko96haszko96 Posts: 1Member New User
    I have acer nitro with I5-8250U, MX150, 8gb ram and when i opened hatch... There is only one 4gb ram stick without second slot. Next 4gb is integrated somewhere? 
  • haszko96 said:
    I have acer nitro with I5-8250U, MX150, 8gb ram and when i opened hatch... There is only one 4gb ram stick without second slot. Next 4gb is integrated somewhere? 
    Hi,
    Your model could be different from AN515-51, please provide the full name, like ANxxx-xxG. Yes, you could be right, if the total memory is 8GB and if you find only a single removable module, the other one might be an on-board memory, it means soldered.
  • EuclyEucly Posts: 4Member New User
    edited October 2018
    Noash3 said:
    Hi,
    So it can only support 2400Mhz? But why is it the RAM which is already installed when i bought the nitro is written as 2666mhz in CPU-Z and windows task manager?
  • Eucly said:
    Noash3 said:
    Hi,
    So it can only support 2400Mhz? But why is it the RAM which is already installed when i bought the nitro is written as 2666mhz in CPU-Z and windows task manager?
    Hi,
    According to service manual the motherboard has the capacity to run up to 2400MHz but this 2666MHz module may have been available at the time of assembly.
     http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/nitro-5-an515-51
  • GargamellaGargamella Posts: 4Member New User
    hi.
    i have a NItro 5 AN515-15 i5.7300 ge force 1050 ti,
    i can upgrade the ram with :
    Corsair
    serieValueSelect
    coloreNero
    Peso articolo18,1 g
    Dimensioni prodotto12,7 x 12,7 x 0,5 cm
    Numero modello articoloCMSO8GX4M1A2133C15
    Fattore di forma260-pin SO-DIMM
    Dimensioni RAM8 GB
    Tecnologia di memoriaddr4_sdram
    Tipologia di memoria computerDDR4 SDRAM
    Tipo memoria scheda graficaDDR4 SDRAM
    Voltaggio1.2 volt
    ?????
  • AthAth Posts: 1Member New User
    Please answer me real quick, as I'll get this laptop soon. If the laptop has 4gb ram in one of the slots, can I add an 8gb stick of ram to make it 12gb? Both are ddr4 with same speeds. I just want more than 8gb but my budget can't fit 16gb. Please help me.
  • Ath said:
    Please answer me real quick, as I'll get this laptop soon. If the laptop has 4gb ram in one of the slots, can I add an 8gb stick of ram to make it 12gb? Both are ddr4 with same speeds. I just want more than 8gb but my budget can't fit 16gb. Please help me.
    Hi,
    Is it AN515-51? If so, yes you can but wait until you receive the laptop to find out whether it comes with 2133MHz or 2400MHz module.
  • dle97dle97 Posts: 4Member New User
    edited November 2018
    My laptop is also an Acer AN515-51, it already have a 8gb ram, should I buy a single rank or dual rank 8gb ram to upgrade it ? Its NB Frequency at 2194,2 to 2196,7 or so. Is this one compatible ? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=twister_B07FXFSD51?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

• dle97dle97 Posts: 4Member New User
    edited November 2018
    Hello, I have a AN515-51Nitro 5, it have  a 8gb ram, on cpuz its channel is single, and NB frequency is about 2195,5, should I buy a single rank or dual rank 8gb ram to upgrade it ? Is this one compatible : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=twister_B07FXFSD51?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
    Ty

• dle97 said:
    Hello, I have a AN515-51Nitro 5, it have  a 8gb ram, on cpuz its channel is single, and NB frequency is about 2195,5, should I buy a single rank or dual rank 8gb ram to upgrade it ? Is this one compatible : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=twister_B07FXFSD51?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
    Ty

Hi,
    You don't have to worry about single rank or dual rank anymore, you can even mix them, get a module that says DDR4  PC4-19200, both modules in your links are compatible.