network adapter question

huntdog
huntdog Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Greetings,
I have an Aspire E series laptop and it can't get online(at least for very long) I checked on the driver updates and it says the latest driver is already installed. I checked in device mgr and clicked on the network adapter under properties and it says device is working properly. I ran trouble shooting and most of the time it says device or radio is off, so I make sure it is on  fn + f3 airplane mode off. I can'd find an external switch. So, I ran an ethernet cable to it and it was online for a few moments,(it looked like the wireless capabilities were back on, but did not last long. It doesn't recognize any wireless connections in my neighborhood at all. Am I to deduct the adapter is bad even tho it says device is working properly. Should I buy an esb network adapter and see if that works? What else can I try?
Thanks,
Jim

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Uninstall the current wifi driver. Exit. Shut down windows completely. Then re-start and let Windows automatically re-detect and re-install the wifi driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• huntdog
    huntdog Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE, thanks for your suggestion ,but it did not work. So I bought a usb network adapter for $8.00 and it works now. 
    Thanks for your help
    Jim
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Way to solve the problem, Jim! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ