My Acer Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Squeaky?

Ector
Ector Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, the bottom left hand corner of my Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop is very squeaky. When I click down on the entire left side of the touch pad it makes a loud squeaky noise and I am not sure what I can do to fix this. At first it didn't bother me, but as time goes on it tends to get louder. Please let me know what I can do to fix and/or correct this. Thank you!

Best Regards

Best Answer

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    If you pinch the upper & lower case together with your thumb and forefinger, does the squeak disappear or get quieter? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ector
    JackE said:
    If you pinch the upper & lower case together with your thumb and forefinger, does the squeak disappear or get quieter? Jack E/NJ
    No, unfortunately the only way the squeak will stop is if I press hard onto the mousepad and it only stops squeaking for a couple clicks.

• JackE
    Don't press too hard. Does a thin narrow crevice surround the pad or does it seem molded as one piece with the case? Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Ector
    JackE said:
    Don't press too hard. Does a thin narrow crevice surround the pad or does it seem molded as one piece with the case? Jack E/NJ 

Theres a thin crevice surrounding the pad leading into the laptop

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Baby powder. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Ector
    I put baby powder into the crevice? How long do I leave it, how much do I use and How do I clean it out? 
  • JackE
    Leave it there. Won't hurt anything. It'll keep the sliding pieces dry-lubricated & quiet. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ