Reading 32GB Micro SD cards

abtrooper
abtrooper Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have recently tried to use a 32GB SDHC card on my swift 1. The computer is telling me the Card is write protected, I have checked it and the reader adaptor in another make of laptop and it works fine. I tried a 4GB SDHC card in my Swift 1 and that works fine. So is there a size limit on the SD cards which the swift 1 can read. I want to be able to use a large SD card for addtional storage to support the onboard 64GB memory storage.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

Do not know about a Swift but my Spin 1 can read 128GB SDXC cards with no problem. Most small devices use a Micro SDcard but my R3 uses a full sized SDCard and many micro adapters have a "write protect" switch on the side. Have you tried using it in a USB card reader ?

• abtrooper
    abtrooper Member Posts: 2 New User
    padgett said:

Do not know about a Swift but my Spin 1 can read 128GB SDXC cards with no problem. Most small devices use a Micro SDcard but my R3 uses a full sized SDCard and many micro adapters have a "write protect" switch on the side. Have you tried using it in a USB card reader ?

Hi, yes tried it in a USB card reader and it worked. I did double check the write protect switch and this was off, seems strange that a 4GB module works. I would prefer to use the SD card slot as it's a lot neater.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Sounds like a hardware problem and you need to contact Acer. Is it still under warrenty ?